Panic buying... *WARNING - CURRENT NEWS RELATED TOPIC*

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Forum suggestion always welcome. All things non-fishy related.
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4246 times
Been liked: 3909 times

Today my wife and I did our normal weekly shopping which normally we would do on a Saturday but we have been sorting out my late fathers estate.

I am sorry people but I am disgusted with my fellow human beings behaviour, both main stores here where empty by 9:00 am and from what I understand the mainland as well. WHY?

Tesco's

Image Image

This I found particularly sickering, no pet food so Charlie hasn't got any food, oh and that also meant no fish food either not that I from the supermarkets. :@ Just what are people thinking?

Aldi

Image Image

No sugar in either stores and convenience stores are selling products at inflated prices. I was told are my local I could only have two dog food tins per day.

As many of you know I'm a lorry driver, our yard has curtain slider trailers plus fridge trailers parked up full of stock waiting to go into the two Regional Distribution Centres for Morrisons and Aldi. They are sitting because the RDC's cannot keep up with the demand. There are no supply chain failures, we are still delivering and suppliers have no problems or shortages.

I'm wondering how much food will be wasted after all this is over?!
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
jacksdad
Posting Legend
Has liked: 194 times
Been liked: 272 times

Can you imagine all the fresh milk going down the drain? The clowns panicked and bought gallons of the stuff, along with fresh veg, bread etc etc. now it will be rotting away, unused :(
Fluval 160, Boyu 300 'New Used Project 2' , Leddy 60l Shrimp tank
eBay stalker bargain hunter!
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5446 times
Been liked: 2668 times

People have gone insane. It took me and my OH all week to pick up what we would normally do in one shop. The irony being we genuinely needed pasta, ran out last week before we knew about the panic buying and just thought “we’ll get it when we do a shop”. We only just managed to get some yesterday morning in tesco, we were in there just after 7am because otherwise we wouldnt have a chance.
If everyone just did their regular shopping everyone would have more than enough. It is just sad to see :(
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1418 times
Been liked: 3410 times

So sad that selfish people think they need more than anyone else, so inconsiderate.
I went to Sainsburys a few evenings ago with 3 shopping bags and came away with a few items in the bottom of one bag.
I'm not short of anything really just need to top up the freezer but the freezers are empty in the stores too, I need some veg too and some bread come Tuesday.
We'll make do until stocks in the shops are back to close to normal.
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 12 x Cory sterbai 51 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)