The happy thread

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Forum suggestion always welcome. All things non-fishy related.
Staffylover
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 2269 times
Been liked: 1936 times

If you are happy or grateful for something please post it here

I am grateful that I can still walk my dog, that the sun is shining and most of all for people like my cousin who works for the NHS and is truly in the front line at a time like this

As it happens I have a week of pre booked leave mostly ear marked for the new tank so that was lucky, anyway thought we could do with some feel good pictures so while I am off will try to post a 'happy' picture on this thread every day

Will start with this handsome chap who was on my front lawn yesterday morning :)

500l - Africa river - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6873
2x200l - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7790
Others - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewto ... =15&t=7411
230L 6ft - Shallow stream
Roma 125l - Holding fish
Qubiq 60 - Dwarf Spotted Danio
40l/25L - Black- bellied Limia/Pygmy Sunfish
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

Sunshine - feeling of spring - the birds in the garden :)

...and this forum.
Fishtales
Posting Legend
Has liked: 1064 times
Been liked: 471 times

What a lovely idea @Staffylover :)

Gosh I have a lot I am grateful for. Although myself and my OH have some serious health problems, we have each other to keep company and we share a similar sense of humour, so our days always include having a laugh :D

Our house feels like it is falling apart sometimes, lol but it is ours and we feel very fortunate to have a secure roof over ours and our cats and fishes heads.

Also I am grateful and happy we both have a shared passion and love for animals. They bring a joy and purpose to my life everyday. Owning pets is very rewarding and has a feel good factor when you feel you are providing them with a loving home. Our two cats are semi feral rescues. Neither are capable of going outside, they have bonded to us in a way I have never experienced before. Our house has given them a safe home to call their own that they desperately needed :)

My world isn't very big, so I am grateful for the internet and forums like here.

Yes I feel blessed most days :)
Fishkeeping - 4yrs

Aqua One 405lt 5ft tank - Sailfin pleco, Rainbow shark, albino/bronze cory x 11, 7 x Clown Loach
Filtration 2 x Aqua One Aquis 1050 externals, 1 x Ocellaris 850 external

Juwel 120lt 2ft - 12 x Cherry Barb, 10 x Panda Cory, 1 x Albino Bristlenose Pleco
Filtration Fluval 205
Jon_D
Posting Legend
Has liked: 657 times
Been liked: 774 times

"Every day I beat my own previous record for the number of consecutive days I've stayed alive" ― George Carlin
WinterRose73
Posting Legend
Has liked: 822 times
Been liked: 693 times

I just wrote a whole reply and added a picture and it all vanished.

Grateful to have a job that I can do from home. Incredibly grateful to be well and that my family are also well (barring my sister who has a long-term diagnosis). She is on lockdown and not allowed out at all though :(

Grateful to have my cats with me.

Grateful to have been out in the sunshine today on my daily allowance of exercise, it was lovely in the sun :)

'Take wasps,' Death continued. 'Wasps are made entirely from bastard. Whose grand design are they part of?'
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4245 times
Been liked: 3909 times

Staffylover wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 20:22 pm If you are happy or grateful for something please post it here.

Will start with this handsome chap who was on my front lawn yesterday morning :)

Well Charlie my lurcher would love to chase your pheasant! 🤣

WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Martinspuddle
Has liked: 4245 times
Been liked: 3909 times

Well on the happy side, our garden has spring into life a lot in the last week, and I've been particularly pleased to see a fuchsia that has pink and white blooms (sorry don't know its name) has doubled in size this year already looking forward to see it come out. :) I'll post pictures later.

...later :grin: Pictures! ...when this fuchsia comes into bloom I'll up load some pictures.

This shrub below blooms early February and this year it has had twice the amount of flowers than normal, looked magnificent, should of taken some images either.

Image Image

Anyone know the name of this 'triffid' please let me know. :]
Last edited by Martinspuddle on Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Jon_D
Posting Legend
Has liked: 657 times
Been liked: 774 times

STAFFY, He can join "Hoppy" our almost tame Pheasant. We found him on the local moors. He had been shot and lost a leg. So much for the "sportmen" who pay hundreds of thousands of £s to kiil these beautiful birds, during the "Season"!. They just left him to die in pain.
PaulVerrall
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 869 times
Been liked: 1273 times

I'm happy and grateful that we are almost into April and Arsenal can still mathematically make the top 4
mikeyw64
Posting Legend
Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 1275 times

I'm not a pheasant plucker