Panic buying... *WARNING - CURRENT NEWS RELATED TOPIC*

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Forum suggestion always welcome. All things non-fishy related.
Staffylover
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 2250 times
Been liked: 1909 times

Hi Jon,
Difficult to imagine how you could have caught it or anything else for that matter if you have already been in isolation for so long,
Hopefully it wont develop into anything much,
keep the fish watching de - stress sessions up,
take care of yourself - yes keep us updated :swim:
500l - Africa river - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6873
2x200l - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7790
Others - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewto ... =15&t=7411
230L 6ft - Shallow stream
Roma 125l - Holding fish
Qubiq 60 - Dwarf Spotted Danio
40l/25L - Black- bellied Limia/Pygmy Sunfish
Vale!
Super Mod - TOTM Winner
Super Mod - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 1302 times

Firmly crossing fingers for you, JD.

Medics from a number of countries have indicated possible symptoms that (so far as I'm aware) haven't been reported by the media : a metallic taste in the mouth (where else?!) ; sudden loss of taste and smell ; and a redness around the eyes. I couldn't fully understand the latter - it's definitely not the whites of the eyes but exactly what they meant eluded me.

There seems to be mounting evidence that at least one of the current strains of SARS-Cov-2 can attack nerve tissue.

There are apparently three mobile phone carriers in China - where relatively few people have PC's, doing everything on phones instead. Someone used the published data relating to the total number of current subscribers across the three in (I think) January/February and calculated that 18.1 million of them had disappeared. Another, similar, calculation reckoned it was more like 21 million. It may be (they say) that changing to 5G had accounted for some of them (though wouldn't they be registered to one of the three carriers anyway? - I don't know).
Last edited by Vale! on Wed Mar 25, 2020 20:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spolling
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1773 times
Been liked: 4164 times

it certainly is worrying. I read earlier on the news that the youngest ever person to die from Covid-19 was from the UK and had no underlying health issues. A real eye opener for those who think its all a joke.
Fishtales
Posting Legend
Has liked: 1064 times
Been liked: 471 times

Oh Jon, sorry to hear this. I hope it isn't the virus. Thank you for posting this and yes please, keep us updated on your current health/symptoms.

I have just been on the phone with my mam for nearly 3 hours helping her navigate through the Asda home delivery. Waiting in a queue and being kicked off the site numerous times. I had to push the importance of completing the delivery instructions stating that she is self isolating due to age and bad health.

I am glad you have your son on the other end of the phone. I don't know what support is available with the current restrictions.
Fishkeeping - 4yrs

Aqua One 405lt 5ft tank - Sailfin pleco, Rainbow shark, albino/bronze cory x 11, 7 x Clown Loach
Filtration 2 x Aqua One Aquis 1050 externals, 1 x Ocellaris 850 external

Juwel 120lt 2ft - 12 x Cherry Barb, 10 x Panda Cory, 1 x Albino Bristlenose Pleco
Filtration Fluval 205
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4220 times
Been liked: 3888 times

Feel for you @Jon_D and hopefully this is nothing more than just a normal bug.
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1415 times
Been liked: 3407 times

All the best Jon_D. Fingers crossed it is only a cold or flu and nothing nastier.
Take care.
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 13 x Cory sterbai 52 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)