Panic buying... *WARNING - CURRENT NEWS RELATED TOPIC*

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Forum suggestion always welcome. All things non-fishy related.
Mito
Has liked: 345 times
Been liked: 190 times

My wife and I have been self isolating now for two weeks. My wife has 50% lung capacity and went down with another infection whilst isolated. I've had a cross between cold and bronchitis but no temperature. It's strange as I haven't had any illness in the last 5 years. Isolation is the best prevention. Unfortunately the media hypes everything up and our news is just about all about the pandemia with very little other news.
Just stay in, stay calm and enjoy all the DIY you promised the other half you'd do when you had time :grin:
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5033 times
Been liked: 3395 times

@Jon_D I hope everything is ok, keep de-stressing if you can. :)
Did your TV turn up?
RedLee
Has liked: 90 times
Been liked: 127 times

All the best Jon.
Hope you are feeling better soon. ;)

Hope everyone on the forum is ok :)
Marina Vue 87L - 4 Harelquin Rasbora, 2 Honey Gourami, 9 Panda Cory, 6 Cherry Barb, 4 Amano Shrimp
Filtration Fluval 207
mikeyw64
Posting Legend
Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 1275 times

all the best @Jon_D
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

All the best @Jon_D. My mum is in a care home, lock-down, going through hand sanitizers and sprays like there is no tomorrow. Still got bronchitis, which is her usual winter illness. In that sense, I hope it is just something seasonal, not the coronavirus.
Jon_D
Posting Legend
Has liked: 657 times
Been liked: 774 times

Many thanks, dear friends, for the kind thoughts and good wishes, it was indeed very kind of you all. Fortunately after the snow, I moved down from our bungalow in the moors, to our apartment in the big city, Barnard Castle, (pop= 5,500 ); which is much nearer the medical facilities. This is also where my fish live. ::angel:: I started my Isolation on March 16th, so this is my 10th day. Although I still have the temperature and some other odd feelings, I don't believe this is Covid. But it has made me even more determined to stick to the social-isolation rules.
I realise that health care workers are the soldiers on the front lines. Some shocking statistics concerning workers whom we often just take for granted.
Out of Spain’s 40,000 confirmed coronavirus cases, 5,400 — nearly 14 percent — are medical professionals, the health ministry has anounced . No other country has reported health care staff accounting for a double-digit percentage of total infections.
But the problem is widespread throughout Europe. In Italy, France and Spain, more than 30 health care professionals have died of the coronavirus, and thousands of others have had to self-isolate.
In Brescia province, the center of Italy’s outbreak, 10 to 15 percent of doctors and nurses have been infected and put out of commission, according to a doctor there.

plankton. TV turned up at last this afternoon.. ::clap:: and glad to know that WW3 didn't occur during my TV-less sojourn. ::crazy::
Staffylover
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 2250 times
Been liked: 1909 times

Hi Jon, so glad you are feeling better, brilliant news, :D
I joined in with the clapping at 8, I live in a tiny village so no one heard except for the dog (who gave me some funny looks), but it does not stop me feeling grateful for the amazing carers who work on the front line ::clap::
500l - Africa river - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6873
2x200l - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7790
Others - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewto ... =15&t=7411
230L 6ft - Shallow stream
Roma 125l - Holding fish
Qubiq 60 - Dwarf Spotted Danio
40l/25L - Black- bellied Limia/Pygmy Sunfish
Mito
Has liked: 345 times
Been liked: 190 times

We have an 8pm clap here too. All three emergency services collect outside hospitals with lights flashing and sirens.
Not a very good video but shows the "action".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4S3BvU8cjY&t=64s
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5424 times
Been liked: 2667 times

Glad your feeling better Jon, hope you get back to 100% rapidly.
Our street did the 8pm clap including someone bashing hell out of a kitchen pot and someone else setting off fireworks :)
Got to love all the NHS workers working themselves into the ground and putting themselves at risk to try and help everyone suffering with this horrible virus ::clap:: :heart:
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4220 times
Been liked: 3889 times

I'm sorry to say I didn't clap at 8pm but I did hoot my horn of my lorry on the M25 motorway... I think the few cars around me wonder what the hell was going on. :grin:
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: