The Zebra Pleco Tank (L046)

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
Si4geckos
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 438 times
Been liked: 844 times

Wishafish wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 10:56 am Those are beautiful!
Thank you :)
PaulVerrall
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 869 times
Been liked: 1273 times

They look something special mate!
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

That'll be an interesting tank when they're settled. Hope they will continue to be bold and out and about when you're around - otherwise you would just be looking at a lot of wood in the tank :dodgy:
Si4geckos
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner

Ric wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 16:05 pm That'll be an interesting tank when they're settled. Hope they will continue to be bold and out and about when you're around - otherwise you would just be looking at a lot of wood in the tank :dodgy:
Once the wood finally sinks I've got a nice scape planned for it. Dark and mysterious with a nice shimmer from the surface flow. It's very inviting to come take a peek at it. A nice feature to the room with or without fish. I'm seeing how things go, but if they do all disappear I'll be adding some new shrimp, maybe yellow ones and/ or some dither fish. I put one cardinal tetra in for a couple of days and the colours showed up really well in the light so I may end up moving some across into there. Gonna give it some time first though and just see how things go.
Si4geckos
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner

Last night I had a bit of a mare!

Noticed the airstone was barely bubbling. I checked in the cabinet. Water! Behind the tank, more water! Tank was leaking!

Got the spare tank out the garage. Emptied the current tank, moved all decor and fish accross, pulled the entire new tank out the alcove and inspected. Turns out, it's not leaking, but somehow water has been running down the outside of the right hand side of the tank from the top. Condensation? Maybe I had the water level too high? The air stone was a good 18 inches away so don't think it'd be that. I cleaned up as much water as possible. Put it all back in and filled the tank back up (half an inch lower). I've not found any new puddles today. Tank stand has swelled a little and a tny bit of the wooden floor. Hoping that's it though. A very annoying 3hr ordeal into the night when I had an early start. Hope the stand will be ok. Can't quite work out where the water came from or why. Maybe it was just too full? Water just touched the central brace bar. Not has about 10mm clearance. Annoying. Anyone else with a Juwel, how full do you have it? Had any similar issues?
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5443 times
Been liked: 2668 times

Eesh glad you noticed it and got it sorted :-/
I have a vision 180l, mines full to just under the brace bar normally around 5mm or so. I have overdone it before now and just caught the underside but I haven’t had any leak or spillage.
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
Si4geckos
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner

Gingerlove05 wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 19:38 pm Eesh glad you noticed it and got it sorted :-/
I have a vision 180l, mines full to just under the brace bar normally around 5mm or so. I have overdone it before now and just caught the underside but I haven’t had any leak or spillage.
It's very odd. When I put film (background) on the ends I did notice a few contact spots on the glass, but just assumed it was crinkled up and pressed against the glass. Must've been water between that and the glass from the start. So far so good. Just not sure how or why water was getting out. Hoping that's the end of it now though.
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1418 times
Been liked: 3409 times

Si4geckos wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 19:26 pm Can't quite work out where the water came from or why. Maybe it was just too full? Water just touched the central brace bar. Not has about 10mm clearance. Annoying. Anyone else with a Juwel, how full do you have it? Had any similar issues?
Hi Si

Do you have a non-return valve on the air line? Is it the correct way around?
I recently added air pumps, air lines etc.. to my aquariums and had one non-return valve the wrong way around, reversed it and all was well.

I have a new Juwel Lido 120 and the water level is up to the wood effect canopy, you can't see the water line.
On my big tank the water level is the same, up to the wood effect canopy so that you don't quite see the water line.
I can just make out the water line if I look very closely.

Just a thought
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 12 x Cory sterbai 51 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)