Mantis' New Tank

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
mantis
Has liked: 691 times
Been liked: 252 times

Riccia growing in pretty well so far, grown quite a bit of stubble, even though the netting is still visible I'm pretty happy with it.

Also added this spotty sword, can't remember what it's called as I've misplaced the label haha

Video of the new SAE addition in the tank, really stands out, nice looking fish.
codheadjohn
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 126 times

Echinodorus Ozelot? Looks good.
mantis

codheadjohn wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 14:56 pm Echinodorus Ozelot? Looks good.
Yeh that's the one! I'd never seen it before so thought I'd give it a go, hopefully adds a bit of colour to the tank.
Peter
Posting Legend
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times

Lovely looking tank @Mantis😎
mantis

Peter wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 18:06 pm Lovely looking tank @Mantis😎
Cheers!
mantis

Found a dead Rummy nose trapped in the wavemaker this morning :( Always thought it was a possibility with it having such a poor 'guard' maybe they're not designed for little Tetras but they've always managed to avoid it fine. Going to glue some mesh over it later I think or maybe remove it completely, not sure yet.

EDIT: Wavemaker removed, will probably sell it for £20 and get the Aquael 700 instead.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5055 times
Been liked: 3423 times

Sorry for your loss. :(
Could it have been dead before it went in the wavemaker? (Because it controls the water flow it might have been.)
The mesh is a good idea though.
mantis

plankton wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:09 am Sorry for your loss. :(
Could it have been dead before it went in the wavemaker? (Because it controls the water flow it might have been.)
The mesh is a good idea though.
Not sure, I wouldn't have thought so as there's no signs of anything wrong in the tank. The only thing I can think of is that I moved the wave maker from the side of the tank to the top corner on the back wall. In hindsight this was a stupid idea as that's where the fish like to school on a night and after lights out. I just hope it didn't suffer too much, was quite a nasty injury to its side :(

I've removed the wavemaker now even with the mesh I don't want to risk it, going to add another filter to the tank instead. Got another external eyed up on gumtree so hoping the guy replys so I can pick it up this afternoon. The tank could use the extra filtration anyway I think and the outlet will provide the extra flow I was after.
mantis

Not sure if I've ruined my tank or not ROFL Honest opinions please. I certainly think the new scape looks more dramatic and ticks more of the 'aquascaping' boxes but I can't help but feel the original layout looks more natural. Lef the lava rock in there for the time being but I've moved it out the way of the 'schooling' zones.

plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5055 times
Been liked: 3423 times

I like both versions. :)