Covid-19 vaccine

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Forum suggestion always welcome. All things non-fishy related.
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 695 times
Been liked: 1679 times

Redpanda wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 16:13 pm I feel a bit confused about them extending second shot to 12 weeks 🙈
Its more of a death prevention I believe as your body has seen it before, it knows what to do with it better.

I seen yesterday they've found a couple more drugs that are fantastic at treating it too, both anti-inflammatory medication. Lots to be optimistic about I think amongst the doom and gloom.

People haven't been fantastic in this country at doing as we're told, but at least we haven't been storming parliament. Makes me feel better that there is a nation dafter than us :woo:
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
Jon_D
Posting Legend
Has liked: 657 times
Been liked: 774 times

Please see my comment 7;23pm 13/01/2021. regarding proof of injection.
https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewto ... 7&start=10
Redpanda
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 854 times
Been liked: 284 times

Jon_D wrote: Wed Jan 13, 2021 19:28 pm Please see my comment 7;23pm 13/01/2021. regarding proof of injection.
https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewto ... 7&start=10
I would very much need this piece of paper as used to travel for work all the time. So very jealous! Not sure when that will start again as I’m nowhere even close to any priority groups for the vaccine.
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1773 times
Been liked: 4164 times

I might be in luck if school staff are on the list any time soon.
Redpanda
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

fr499y wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 13:39 pm I might be in luck if school staff are on the list any time soon.
I definitely agree school staff should be prioritised!!
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1773 times
Been liked: 4164 times

Redpanda wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 14:28 pm
fr499y wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 13:39 pm I might be in luck if school staff are on the list any time soon.
I definitely agree school staff should be prioritised!!
going for a test tomorrow, felt like crap today! All because the schools are still open.
As much as I would prefer other types of workers getting it first ( emergency services of all kinds! ), if they want the schools to stay open and operational then its a no brainer to get it to staff asap.
Sylvester
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

I'm category 6 and had Covid (24hs ill, my body is a beast). I won't take the vaccine.
Astra Zeneca one uses adjuvant that caused outbreak of narcolepsy in Sweden and Finland. They signed waiver, like UK now, and upon statistics exploding after studied it. WHO published report agreeing, but then dismissed saying all hoax. But as statistics showed 9x higher narcolepsy, government made their own study, MRIs spinal taps,etc. They concluded it was the vaccine, and suspected strongly its the adjuvant used which had to be strong to get proper reaction. It caused some people with predisposed condition to develop it.
In that swine flu epidemic people there were like punters here now. Blaming others not responsable enough if they refused. There were fights in queues, of who gets it first.
Now, with covid, people think.
But of course this was local to there, so in UK nobody recalls.

Its not that simple. We don't have all data. Vaccines are not bad, but I think its good to make your own risk assessment and not just blindly believe all Boris says.
:swim2:
18 amanos and 2 yellow shrimpy friends
7 golden mollies
6 cherry barbs
6 neon tetras
10 albino glowlight tetras
6 black gorys
7 Otos
3 angels
8 platys ('mutated mollys')
And a huge blue eyed pleco called Sylvester.
... swimming in a 450 litre tank

And in 40 litre currently
5 random fry that I found, possibly platys.
Redpanda
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Sylvester wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:35 am I'm category 6 and had Covid (24hs ill, my body is a beast). I won't take the vaccine.
Astra Zeneca one uses adjuvant that caused outbreak of narcolepsy in Sweden and Finland. They signed waiver, like UK now, and upon statistics exploding after studied it. WHO published report agreeing, but then dismissed saying all hoax. But as statistics showed 9x higher narcolepsy, government made their own study, MRIs spinal taps,etc. They concluded it was the vaccine, and suspected strongly its the adjuvant used which had to be strong to get proper reaction. It caused some people with predisposed condition to develop it.
In that swine flu epidemic people there were like punters here now. Blaming others not responsable enough if they refused. There were fights in queues, of who gets it first.

Its not that simple. We don't have all data. Vaccines are not bad, but I think its good to make your own risk assessment and not just blindly believe all Boris says.
I don’t think Astra Zeneca vaccine has been approved in EU yet? How could it have caused an outbreak??
I think hardly anyone believes Boris these days, but there is science behind it, thousands of extremely intelligent people devoting their life to science. I do believe these people more than “own research on google”.
What data you do not have and would like to have to understand the vaccines? There is lots of data available how these particular vaccines work.
mantis
Has liked: 691 times
Been liked: 252 times

I'll get vaccinated as soon as I'm able so I don't have to worry as much about catching it, passing it onto my parents and potentially killing them.

Lass has already had one half of the Pfizer vaccine as she's a nurse and she's had no issues.

I don't listen to Boris anyway but I do listen to and trust the majority of scientists.
Sylvester
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Redpanda wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:13 am
Sylvester wrote: Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:35 am I'm category 6 and had Covid (24hs ill, my body is a beast). I won't take the vaccine.

I don’t think Astra Zeneca vaccine has been approved in EU yet? How could it have caused an outbreak??
I think hardly anyone believes Boris these days, but there is science behind it, thousands of extremely intelligent people devoting their life to science. I do believe these people more than “own research on google”.
What data you do not have and would like to have to understand the vaccines? There is lots of data available how these particular vaccines work.
If you read what I said more carefully,its all there.
It was during the swine flu outbreak, and that vaccine contained the same adjuvant Astra Zeneca uses on covid vaccine.

I also think that to consider the scientific community of an entire country (Finland) to be untrustworthy based of something said in an aquarium forum to be little rude.

Why is it that in this forum only one type of opinions are accepted and anything outside the norm is ridiculed? I think to laugh at something you don't know or understand is not a sign of intelligence,the contrary.

There are unseen problems that medical community recognises in all medication. To state that something 'never, always, sure, impossible' in medicine is stupidity and a deep lack of professional understanding.
:swim2:
18 amanos and 2 yellow shrimpy friends
7 golden mollies
6 cherry barbs
6 neon tetras
10 albino glowlight tetras
6 black gorys
7 Otos
3 angels
8 platys ('mutated mollys')
And a huge blue eyed pleco called Sylvester.
... swimming in a 450 litre tank

And in 40 litre currently
5 random fry that I found, possibly platys.