Trying to read posts in a thread

Report any problems with the Forums in here.
Suelo

First, I'd like to say thank you for all the hard work done in putting the site together & making so many changes in a short space of time.

I view the forum on an iPad using my browser, which I think probably gives a different experience to using Tapatalk. Plus, I'm not a big user of forums in general. It might just be me, but I'm starting to find it a bit difficult to pick out what's been written in a post, especially if a post is quite short. It's not due to the size of the text, but there's so much user information in the block above the post, and so many buttons, and everyone's signatures below the text, I'm finding I'm really distracted from what's actually been posted, and I'm not enjoying reading through the threads so much.

I totally appreciate that this might not be an issue for others, and I'm not trying to moan. Is there a way I can eg turn off some of the displayed info in settings somehow?
Peter
Posting Legend
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 14 times

Use tapatalk... I find its layout easy to read and auto fits my screen.

Yes there are ads but they are not the annoying pop up type. Look just like another post.
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5447 times
Been liked: 2668 times

Pretty sure you can turn off user signatures under the options ill have a look now
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1789 times
Been liked: 4222 times

Leave it with me ;)
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5447 times
Been liked: 2668 times

Yep under the USER CP (Top left), go to edit options and its on the right hand side
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner

Reputation and warning system turned off. Was a default setting on myBB i think which doesn't really serve much of a purpose :)
Last edited by fr499y on Tue Jan 30, 2018 19:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Suelo

Thanks all. I've turned off signatures, & a little bit less info above helps too. I might eventually migrate onto Tapatalk, I'm just a creature of habit I guess!
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner

Aren't we all :)