episode XLIV ...The Puddle farts again!

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
black ghost
Posting Legend
Has liked: 309 times
Been liked: 1391 times

Are their tail fins completely dark, or just the front half? If it’s just the front half it’ll be P. kuhlii, which grows a bit bigger than myersi.
Or maybe it’s just older, maybe from a previous batch in the shop.
Or maybe just different genetics...
I don’t think females get longer than males, they just fill up with eggs and get fatter.
I don't keep fish, I keep water. Water keeps fish.
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4252 times
Been liked: 3917 times

Doing water change today I discover my D-D P1 dosing pump hasn't been working. :dodgy2:

Problem is I just don't hear the pump dosing the aquarium. I only check the bottle every three months using the 'app' on my phone, new bottle every six and the new bottle was installed November last year.

I might try running without for a while as the growth currently seems fine.
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Martinspuddle

Turns out the dosing pump is working but the 'app' isn't registering the fluid use.

Yesterday I reinstalled the software, reset the pump but today it still show 0% used in the bottle as a full 500ml's, yet I watched it dose the aquarium this morning.

Spoken D-D The Aquarium Solution Ltd in Ilford, apart my warranty has run out I was told that model or it's software is no longer supported ...Great! :dodgy2:

Technology, useful sometimes but most of time obsolete.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1789 times
Been liked: 4222 times

Android for you :P

Jokes aside, I hate it when companies release new models whilst making older ones incompatible.
Martinspuddle

fr499y wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:23 pm Android for you :P
Works on all platforms. :tongue:
fr499y wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 12:23 pm Jokes aside, I hate it when companies release new models whilst making older ones incompatible.
This is why I hate this sort of technology, it cannot be repaired or upgraded, yet something else for landfill or the 'e' waste bin.

D-D aquarium now suggest using the Jecod Dosing Pump model DP-4 as a replacement for my D-D P1 pump. This pump is twenty pound more than the original pump I purchased at £59.00 you have to register your details to get the app to work for your shiny new Jecod Pump.

Here's the best bit, service email for Jecod products:
粤ICP备10209452号-1 粤公网安备 44200002005088号
now, I have nothing against the Chinese people but using Google translate:粤公网安备 translates to ...Guangdong public network security.

So, more than likely, Chinese state controlled security, hmm :dodgy2:
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner

I tend to stay aware from most things wifi/smart controlled as I personally don't see the point in it. I'd go with the cheaper DP-2 and be done with it lol
Martinspuddle

fr499y wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 15:02 pm I tend to stay aware from most things wifi/smart controlled as I personally don't see the point in it. I'd go with the cheaper DP-2 and be done with it lol
Yeah well, yours truly was trying to be modern when I start this caper and now in some respects regrating doing so. My Fluval lights are the same, app controlled. 🙄

Thanks for the pointer to the Jebao DP-2 model, if other one stops completely I'll get this one as a replacement. 🫡
Martinspuddle

'Bob & Bette' the Ancistrus Bristlenoses have been at it again but this time I've found some Albino fry. ::wtf::

All I can think is they must be a throw back in the gene pool, very strange.
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner

Certainly possible. A high percentage of common bristlenose do carry the albino gene.