Sparkling Gourami's

Betta's, Gouramis etc
raystaggs
Has liked: 55 times
Been liked: 47 times

I had a group of 3 - the smallest one went mad and killed one of the three, then terrorised the five banded barbs/rummy noses and the remaining sparkling gourami. One day the larger one obviously had enough - and the smaller one was dead.

The singleton is now thriving - interesting fish - perhaps I'd have been better off getting a group of six....
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4253 times
Been liked: 3917 times

black ghost wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 16:26 pm Different fish, but same requirements.

Sparkling is Trichopsis pumila.
Croaking is Trichopsis vittata.
Just be aware @BigBen I've seen some aquatic retailers mislabel Trichopsis pumila as Trichopsis vittata and vice versa.
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 696 times
Been liked: 1686 times

Martinspuddle wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 22:17 pm
black ghost wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 16:26 pm Different fish, but same requirements.

Sparkling is Trichopsis pumila.
Croaking is Trichopsis vittata.
Just be aware @BigBen I've seen some aquatic retailers mislabel Trichopsis pumila as Trichopsis vittata and vice versa.
I seen a picture of them both and thought that was likely. They both have something about them though so wouldn't be a disaster!
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 696 times
Been liked: 1686 times

raystaggs wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 19:07 pm I had a group of 3 - the smallest one went mad and killed one of the three, then terrorised the five banded barbs/rummy noses and the remaining sparkling gourami. One day the larger one obviously had enough - and the smaller one was dead.

The singleton is now thriving - interesting fish - perhaps I'd have been better off getting a group of six....
I'll probably go for a decent group of them.
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper