Feeding ottos

Food, feeding and diet.
Caol Ila
Been liked: 14 times

Leave the lights on longer. I have five in the apisto tank -- three survivors from a small shoal I got about 18 months ago and two I picked up at the LFS because they looked happy and bright. The two newer ones love their courgettes. The ones I've had for a while continually amaze me by stlll being alive, given they have survived four tank moves and a white spot outbreak. There's a sponge filter in that tank, which they're always stuck to and it always has lots of organic crap on it. I installed a wee external canister, but could not bring myself to remove the sponge because the otos like it so much. They have never gone near an algae wafer.
VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 856 times
Been liked: 1824 times

@Caol Ila this is an older post and the remaining 6 are fat little beggars now 🤣.
240L Fluval Roma with Oase 600 Biomaster: 1 German red bristlenose, 4 male cherry barbs, 6 standard rummynose, 3 golden rummynose tetra, 9 emperor tetra, 14 cardinal tetra, 2 hengeli rasbora, 3 nerite snails, 1 adult Sulawesi snail and multiple juveniles continually appearing.

Parameters: gH2, kH1, pH7.4 (tap).
Fish fiend since October 2017.
yorkiejeff
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 22 times

Th out all my ottos bar two had died so moved them into my other tropical tank when I converted one to a coldwater. Just seen two on the cold glass. Woop free fish.