Best way to feed a community tank?

Food, feeding and diet.
FishyMcFishFace
Has liked: 175 times
Been liked: 100 times

I currently feed twice a day, a small pitch of fine Bug Bites, a small pitch of the larger sinking pellets, then about 4-6 of catfish pellets, is that enough? I'm probably over cautious of over feeding but I see my tetras a lot picking on the gravel.
Aquamanta 90L Nano
6 Cardinal Tetra
4 Pepper Cory
6 Galaxy Rasbora
6 Amber Tetra
2 Rams (1 blue, 1 golden (breeding))

... More to come...
Andys temperate tank
Tank of the Year Winner 2020-21
Has liked: 4378 times
Been liked: 2896 times

Your better off being overly cautious.

Fish are greedy buggers, your tetra will just be looking for their next feed. And a hungry fish is usually a healthy fish.
64l kitchen tank: 16 golden tetra.
5ft 425L: 3 blue angel fish, 30 rummie nose tetra, 20 black neon tetra, 1 longfin bristlenose plec, 2 corydoras sterbai, 24 corydoras duplicareas,2 SAE.
FishyMcFishFace

Andys temperate tank wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:28 pm Your better off being overly cautious.

Fish are greedy buggers, your tetra will just be looking for their next feed. And a hungry fish is usually a healthy fish.
The tetras are the only ones I kind of feel for I see them eating but the Harlies are so much faster and greedier, they even try to eat the catfish pellets as they drop which they quickly spit out. The amano shrimp are ninjas, they pop out as soon as the pellets hit the ground grab one and disappear again. IS their any signs of under feeding I should look out for?
Aquamanta 90L Nano
6 Cardinal Tetra
4 Pepper Cory
6 Galaxy Rasbora
6 Amber Tetra

... More to come...
Andys temperate tank
Has liked: 4378 times
Been liked: 2896 times

FishyMcFishFace wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 13:33 pm
Andys temperate tank wrote: Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:28 pm Your better off being overly cautious.

The tetras are the only ones I kind of feel for I see them eating but the Harlies are so much faster and greedier, they even try to eat the catfish pellets as they drop which they quickly spit out. The amano shrimp are ninjas, they pop out as soon as the pellets hit the ground grab one and disappear again. IS their any signs of under feeding I should look out for?
Not that I know of. Fish can go days without food so as long as they are getting some they will be fine.
64l kitchen tank: 16 golden tetra.
5ft 425L: 3 blue angel fish, 30 rummie nose tetra, 20 black neon tetra, 1 longfin bristlenose plec, 2 corydoras sterbai, 24 corydoras duplicareas,2 SAE.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5055 times
Been liked: 3424 times

I think you're feeding about the right amount, but it should only be once a day with that, not twice. ;)
Oh, and I'd also be feeding the corys good meaty protein (frozen is good enough), not just catfish pellets. ;)
FishyMcFishFace

I usually feed at about 12pm and 12am and when I say a small pinch its small, there is hardly any substantial mess at the substrate. I do have dehydrated blood worms which I feed twice a week. Il pick up the frozen ones this week and hide them, my daughter and wife aren't the biggest worm fans! I used to use flakes but they make an awful mess and are harder to get a moderate pinch of, I will work it out!
Aquamanta 90L Nano
6 Cardinal Tetra
4 Pepper Cory
6 Galaxy Rasbora
6 Amber Tetra

... More to come...
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1418 times
Been liked: 3410 times

I feed a variety of foods to my fish.
I have foods for corydoras, foods for cichlids, foods for tetra and foods for the plecos.
I feed a small amount for each species and that food varies as I have more than one food for each species
Some fish will gobble up food intended for other fish species but that adds to the variety of food.
A high protein diet is important for cory.

All the best
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 12 x Cory sterbai 51 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)