Will pond weed survive in an aquarium?

Si4geckos
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 438 times
Been liked: 844 times

was going to add some plants to the zebra plec tak (28-29C) this weekend, but forgot to remove any before I put new fish in the quarantine tank last night.

I've got loads of pond weed at the moment and wondering if I could use that or would it melt/ die in the warmer water?

Thanks
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1785 times
Been liked: 4203 times

Depending on the species, but most should do fine!
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4244 times
Been liked: 3908 times

Elodea family grows very well in a tropical aquarium although like in a pond the lower part of the stems do lose their leaves as the plant gets taller.

What ever you do, don't give it CO2 injection ...if you do, I'll lone you a hand scythe the following week! :grin:
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Si4geckos
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 438 times
Been liked: 844 times

Martinspuddle wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 23:53 pm Image

Elodea family grows very well in a tropical aquarium although like in a pond the lower part of the stems do lose their leaves as the plant gets taller.

What ever you do, don't give it CO2 injection ...if you do, I'll lone you a hand scythe the following week! :grin:
Ha! Noted. Might go fishing in the pond and dig me some out then. See how I get on.