Flowering Sagitaria Subulata

BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 695 times
Been liked: 1679 times

As per the title really. I've only ever had Anubias flower so I'm quite excited to see it once the bud has opened! Two different plants have sent flowers up.

Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1415 times
Been liked: 3407 times

I had some Echinodorus plants produce long stems with heads full of pollen back in January 2020.
This is what I wrote at the time.
Stephen wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 0:07 am I have noticed that I have several plants (Echinodorus) with stems producing some kind of flower head and I have pollen all over the glass.
I will attempt to do a water change tomorrow and remove these stems and clean the pollen off the glass.
I may also give filter 2 a clean as it's been about 11 weeks since I last cleaned it and I'm guessing there's a lot of pollen trapped inside.
I had pollen everywhere, all over the glass, decor and inside the external filters.
I removed the reproductive stems.
I went on and wrote.
Stephen wrote: Mon Jan 27, 2020 14:35 pm Well that was a dirty filter, lots of pollen and stuff trapped in the pre-filter (the pre-filter does a good job).
I cleaned the media (old tank water) and all is now good.
I am considering cleaning the other filter (filter 1) again next week just to get rid of all the pollen.
All the best
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 13 x Cory sterbai 52 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)