Fish Nanna!

Aquarium Decor, DIY and Equipment.
CattyV
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 60 times

@plankton thank you Ian! 😁 I’m actually amazed. Must be happy little fish. There are considerable less fry this morning so I am not overly hopeful. I also have a water change to battle with…. Was not sure if to put the remaining fry in the hatchery now or whether dad would get too stressed if I did that. I will check out the threads, thank you ☺️
Fluval Roma 125L - internal U3 filter
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrates 2.5-5 ppm
Ph 7.5
Si4geckos
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 438 times
Been liked: 844 times

CattyV wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 19:41 pm @Si4geckos thank you! I’m just not sure when to put them in the breeder box. Dad is still defending the nest at the moment and picking up any falling fry and putting them back there. Don’t want to stress him out. So, I’m not expecting much this time around as no clue when to aim for. I thought about setting another tank up but again not sure best way…. Or how they develop so I’ll have to research.
Here's a few videos from when I had a go! I had a small separate tank as I was also raising cardinal tetra fry. Very mature sponge filter and I fed them microworms mostly I think. Maybe some liquid fry food when they were first born from memory but I know this makes a mess. Infusoria is best I believe.

15 days old. As you can see, I started with a lot!
https://youtu.be/3yyw66q4F_Y

Feeding with cardinal tetras
https://youtu.be/c-7BIpdmLI0

Grown up and released into the community
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EfxTQMpTtGI

Hope that may help a bit.
Netsu
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 157 times
Been liked: 199 times

Wow, congrats!
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5055 times
Been liked: 3424 times

If they're disappearing I would get them in a hatchery ASAP. Liquifry is ok for first feeds (they will have an food sac for a couple of days), but you need to clean it out an hour after feeding otherwise it pollutes and kills....and you need to do this three times a day.
Infusoria is a good shout by @Si4geckos. :)
CattyV
Has liked: 54 times
Been liked: 60 times

Well, I knew it would be too good to be true. I tried to get them in a hatchery last night and failed. Couldn’t catch the super quick fry! So, they’re on their own I’m afraid. I can’t see any on the floating plant any more either :( and my male honey is just attacking my Corys. Might be for the best they didn’t/haven’t made it.

If I spot any later when doing my water change I’ll try again to catch them. Could well be hiding among the plants.

Thank you everyone for you amazing advice and @Si4geckos for the videos! Amazing you got 2 of them in the main tank 😃
Fluval Roma 125L - internal U3 filter
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrates 2.5-5 ppm
Ph 7.5
kasanos
Been liked: 1 time

Glad to see you have it all alright. I'm a newbie gourami keeper and I see you have babies with parents swimming alongside each other. I do not have another fish tank and my gourami pair lives with small fry. It says here that it is required to transfer both male and female gourami away from little babies or they will eat them otherwise. I did not count them but it feels like babies are decreasing. Shall I go and buy a new tank to transfer gourami parent in it or leave it as it is?