A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs
Stephen
Guru TOTM Winner
Guru TOTM Winner
Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 2309 times

Re: Ste's Tank

Post by Stephen »

stechappo wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:15 am Tanks not the cleanest or as well planted as I would like at the moment, not been very well for months so not been able to spend as much time working on it.

Some may remember last September I had a mini stroke, well I had a large lump on my cheek in my Parotid saliva gland, after months of biopsies and scans in January I got diagnosed with Cancer, Nodular lymphocyte-predominant Hodgkin lymphoma, I'm stage 1AE which is good, its a very slow growing and rare cancer and only spread to a few lymph nodes in my neck.

3 weeks ago I started radiotherapy and have 2 sessions left so near the end and hopefully when tested in about a month I will come back as cured.

Face and neck are quite red and sore and will get worse for 2-3 more weeks, the effects could last longer but happy to go through this, feeling 100% better already after this treatment so far all the symptoms are going away.

Thanks for reading and hopefully I will be more active from now on . :)
So sorry to hear this mate (I have used a few explicit words when reading your post).
I also had a mini stroke back in December 2017 but feel OK(ish) now.
I sincerely hope that your treatment for the "NLPHL" is successful (most cases are) and the ill effect does not last too long.
All the best my friend, get well soon.

Stephen
6 foot (550L) - Rio Nanay themed
9 x juvenile Biotodoma Cupido, 70 x Hyphessobrycon amandae, 15 x Corydoras agassizii (other fish will be added in the near future)

2 foot (120L) - Breeding tank
re-vamped, re-planted and getting ready

Powered by EHEIM

plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 3418 times
Been liked: 2609 times

Post by plankton »

Hopes are with you for a recovery.

Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 3903 times
Been liked: 2128 times

Post by Gingerlove05 »

Here’s hoping you recover quickly :)
I ,like Stephen, (although i think im probably worse :D) did use a few expletives when reading the post
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!

stechappo
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 536 times

Post by stechappo »

Hahaha thanks guys lot of my friends and family reacted the same deep down I knew something was wrong but soon ill be on the road to recovery and can focus on other things then.
72x24x18 South American. 8 Geophagus Tapajos. 6 Nannostomus eques(Hockeystick Pencilfish). 1 Rineloricaria lanceolata(Chocolate Whiptail Catfish). 2 Apistogramma agassizii Fire Red. 2 Mikrogeophagus altispinosus(Bolivian Ram). 2 Platydoras armatulus. 2 Ancistrus Cirrhosus, 1 Apistogramma cacatuoides :swim2:

Andys temperate tank
Tank of the Year Winner
Tank of the Year Winner
Has liked: 3861 times
Been liked: 2459 times

Post by Andys temperate tank »

I hope it all goes to plan Ste. Best wishes.
64L temperate community.
60L betta tank: 1 Delta betta (Stan), 12 black neon tetra, 140+ cherry shrimp.
5ft 425L: 48 rummie nose tetra, 1 longfin BN plec, breeding pair of platinum angelfish, 15 corydoras duplicareas, 6 corydoras sterbai, pair of apistogramma cacatoides
55L cube 1: holding plants.
55l cube 2: platinum half moon betta (Thor).

Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 2777 times
Been liked: 2781 times

Post by Martinspuddle »

Keep calm, do a waterchange, carry on. :grin:
stechappo wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 9:15 am Tanks not the cleanest or as well planted as I would like at the moment, not been very well for months so not been able to spend as much time working on it.

Personally I'd be more than happy with your setup, think it looks great. :]
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:

stechappo
Has liked: 481 times
Been liked: 536 times

Post by stechappo »

Seen an advert in A.C. today for Red Head Geo's 4 for £10 at 1.5" long, decided to get 8 and grow on. Big water change and clear or the plec poo also removed a lot of the plants and a few pieces of wood just left some Crypt's and the Java Fern and Anubis which is growing on the wood. Striped Raphael Cats have been very active today and the last week or so after nearly 4 weeks of hiding. Will post a few pics tomorrow when the tanks clearer.

Felt good to be able to clean the tank out with out feeling super tired!!
72x24x18 South American. 8 Geophagus Tapajos. 6 Nannostomus eques(Hockeystick Pencilfish). 1 Rineloricaria lanceolata(Chocolate Whiptail Catfish). 2 Apistogramma agassizii Fire Red. 2 Mikrogeophagus altispinosus(Bolivian Ram). 2 Platydoras armatulus. 2 Ancistrus Cirrhosus, 1 Apistogramma cacatuoides :swim2:

Stephen
Guru TOTM Winner
Guru TOTM Winner
Has liked: 767 times
Been liked: 2309 times

Post by Stephen »

Well done mate. ::thumb::
6 foot (550L) - Rio Nanay themed
9 x juvenile Biotodoma Cupido, 70 x Hyphessobrycon amandae, 15 x Corydoras agassizii (other fish will be added in the near future)

2 foot (120L) - Breeding tank
re-vamped, re-planted and getting ready