Benvilles' Roma 240

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4244 times
Been liked: 3908 times

I would but only a small increase, see how it progresses.
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5048 times
Been liked: 3422 times

Could you feed daily (but a bit less obviously) instead of every other day?
Martinspuddle
Has liked: 4244 times
Been liked: 3908 times

Benville wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 18:17 pm I dose 10ml a day EI alternating.
Just realised what @plankton has pointed out, no you should be dosing every day with EI dosing.

Try 5ml per day to see if there's any improvement.
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1418 times
Been liked: 3409 times

I'm not a lover of EI dosing in a low-tech aquarium.
Plants require 3 things, nutrients, carbon and light and getting the balance right is a task in itself.
The more intense the light then more nutrients and carbon is required.

I have a low-tech system and only dose about 1/3 the recommended nutrients and liquid carbon.
Some plants do well and others just die off.
My Amazon swords also need a good plant substrate and additional root tabs as they are a root hungry plant.

Some plants (such as Amazon swords) get the nutrients via their root system, others take in nutrients via their leaves, some do both.
Dosing liquid fertiliser provides the nutrients to the plants that take it through the leaves but not for those that take in through the roots.
Over feeding can cause excess algae, under feeding can show signs of nutrient deficiency.
Feeding the plants daily provides nutrients daily but is not always necessary, every other day can also work or even twice weekly can work but daily is best.

I personally have tried many different plants over the years and most have failed.
The reason they failed is because I don't use CO2 or have the correct lighting. I'm not an aquascaper, I'm a keeper of fish.
I'm currently growing Tropica Alternathera reineckii 'mini' 1-2-GROW! in my 120L aquarium, previously this plant has failed on several previous occasions.
I believe it is because my 120L aquarium has LED lighting that it is now growing (even I'm surprised).
Some plants work and others don't, I have tried over 40 different plant species (I keep a record) and most have failed in my low-tech system, but some have done well.
The ones that have done well include Echinodorus species (Amazon swords etc..), Aponogeton species (bulbs), Cardamine lyrata, Cryptocoryne Wendtii green/brown, mosses, Hygrophila corymbosa (Siamensis 53B), Nymphea Zenkeri (Tiger Lotus) Red (I loved this plant), Hydrocotyle leucocephala, Rotala Rontundifolia.
Some plants describes as "easy" have failed such as Bacopa species, Ceratopteris Thalicroides (Water Sprite) and even Staurogyne rubescens.

All the best
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 12 x Cory sterbai 51 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)