A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs
Andys temperate tank
Tank of the Year Winner
Tank of the Year Winner
Has liked: 3625 times
Been liked: 2291 times

Re: My Betta tank.

Post by Andys temperate tank »

Gary Morris wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 15:44 pm Hi Andy, not yet, theres still a few things I need to do in the living room, move stuff / remove stuff and decorate). I have been reading as much as possible, sourcing the bits and pieces, so hopefully not too long.
Exciting times mate. I had to decorate before the big tank got set up. Then lockdown came in and had to wait 11 weeks or something for the paint.
64L temperate community.
60L betta tank: 1 Delta betta (Stan), 6 sterbai cory.
5ft 425L: 48 rummie nose tetra, 1 longfin BN plec, breeding pair of platinum angelfish, 14 corydoras duplicareas, 1 blue ram.
55L cube 1: 1 blue ram
55l cube 2: platinum half moon betta (Thor).

Gary Morris
Has liked: 23 times
Been liked: 11 times

Post by Gary Morris »

I've seen a place call ND Aquatics that looks good for tanks, hoods and stands.

Andys temperate tank
Tank of the Year Winner
Tank of the Year Winner

Gary Morris wrote: Sun Jan 17, 2021 18:10 pm I've seen a place call ND Aquatics that looks good for tanks, hoods and stands.
Some of their tanks look nice, I've seen a few complaints about customer service.

My big tank is at least 3rd hand. If your prepared to put some graft in cleaning a tank theres some bargains to be had.
64L temperate community.
5ft 425L: 48 rummie nose tetra, 1 longfin BN plec, breeding pair of platinum angelfish, 14 corydoras duplicareas, 1 blue ram.

Andys temperate tank
Tank of the Year Winner
Tank of the Year Winner

I'm another step closer with the 60p . Yesterday I picked up a twinstar III 600s and wifi controller so last night I had to get everything out of the boxes and have a look.

I got the tank out of the packaging then cut some cardboard to sit rocks on. The light went on after that and I had a mess around with some hardscape.

The pic is not the final layout. It's hard to decide when the wood is in the old tank still.
64L temperate community.

Andys temperate tank
Tank of the Year Winner
Tank of the Year Winner

We had a very busy day yesterday. Me and Zarra have been looking at tanks for ideas all week, we both really liked the tank the ADA scaper Daichi Araki done for green aqua on you tube.

With that in mind we had a trip to horizon. I got a bag of ADA power sand advanced S, amazonia version 2 and some moss cotton. We got 11 pots of plants, 3x hygrophila pinnatifida, 1 anubias barteri var nana, 1 anubis barteri gold coin, 1 schismatoglotis preitoi, 1 cyperus helferi, 1 hydrocotyle verticillata, 1 hygrophila aruaguia and 2 pots of java moss. While I was talking to James Zarra appeared with a lovely piece of wood.

We got home and set about the tank. I fastened the wood to some egg crate then Zarra whipped the moss onto it while I set up the filter. In went the wood followed by the rocks then plant substrate and sand. We ordered dominoes to keep us going and washed then added the plants. After pizza we finished planting and filled up.

Thankfully nothing floated up and were very happy with it. It's not as good as Araki sons tank but I wasnt taught by mr amano.

Daily water changes for a week and I'll hopefully be adding co2 next week.
64L temperate community.

VikingMummy2015
TOTM Winner 2020
TOTM Winner 2020
Has liked: 658 times
Been liked: 1403 times

Post by VikingMummy2015 »

Niiiice
240L: 6 cherry barbs, 1 honey gourami,
6 Otocinclus, 1 elusive sterbai Cory, 6 standard rummynose, 4 golden rummynose tetra, 8 Congo tetra
57L: 8 sterbai, Pumpkin (nerite snail)

Parameters: gH2, kH1, pH7.4 (tap).
Fish fiend since October 2017.

Andys temperate tank
Tank of the Year Winner
Tank of the Year Winner

First water change done.

64L temperate community.

Staffylover
Has liked: 1162 times
Been liked: 982 times

Post by Staffylover »

that looks great, you must have put a lot of thought into it, will look amazing when the plants bush out a bit, were you not tempted to try a carpet affect? not tempted myself expect they are a lot of work.
400l 6ft Asia River Theme - (Scissortails, Tiger Barbs, SAE, Hovering zebra and dwarf chain loach, silver hatchet imposters)
300l 4ft Dagoba theme tank - (phantom tetra, african banded barb, synodontis petricola, gold laser and schwartzi cory)

Lee_k
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 243 times
Been liked: 463 times

Post by Lee_k »

Great work Andy!
Discus Tank Tank Log
Mbuna TankTank Log
Musk Turtle Tank Tank Log

Turtle Falls tankTank Log - Shut down
Betta Tank 58l Tank Log - Shut down

Andys temperate tank
Tank of the Year Winner
Tank of the Year Winner

Staffylover wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 20:28 pm that looks great, you must have put a lot of thought into it, will look amazing when the plants bush out a bit, were you not tempted to try a carpet affect? not tempted myself expect they are a lot of work.
Thanks Staffy.

We wanted an island scape so no carpet. The hygrophila pinnatifida should turn red when I get the co2 on it.
64L temperate community.