Paul V's Big Tank Log

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
PaulVerrall
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 869 times
Been liked: 1273 times

No change with the convict, he's no better but no worse. Fry have become visible now. Ordered the new lights today, I hope it makes a big difference as the price tag was a big difference!!!
My redhead is on final notice, I will have to watch him closely and hope the aggression doesn't get worse.
About 100 fry all in a pile
stechappo
Has liked: 530 times
Been liked: 586 times

Fish have gone huge Paul tanks looking great as well good luck with the fry. ::thumb::
PaulVerrall
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

New lights are fitted and I cant believe the difference, the detail is amazing in there, money well spent! Now I wish I'd of done the lights before the galleon as I probably wouldn't have!
The convict is still the same, he rests on the bottom in his cave, darts out every now and then. He is definitely having problems, leaning to one side, but he's able to correct it himself. He hasn't been out for food in 3/4 days but I've been putting a little food in there so I'm hoping he's eating it.
Theres about 10 fry left, they are swimming, still very tiny but the longest I've had them alive in the tank. Not getting hopes up though as will take months before they can avoid the inevitable Oscar's belly.

The fish really enjoy exploring the galleon even if I dont!

Parrot hit squad
Lee_k
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 330 times
Been liked: 676 times

Looking great Paul - did you go for the Aquasky in the end?
Bicher Congo Biotope Tank Log
Discus Tank Tank Log
Musk Turtle Tank Tank Log

Mbuna TankTank Log - Shut down
Turtle Falls tankTank Log - Shut down
Betta Tank 58l - Shut down
PaulVerrall
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Lee_k wrote: Sun Feb 28, 2021 20:15 pm Looking great Paul - did you go for the Aquasky in the end?
Yes mate, I got 2 of the 25w ones
Lee_k
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner

I've got a 33W Aquasky 2.0 - also happy with it - I wondered how you'd tackle a big tank like this didnt know if it'd be 2 or 3!

Player around with the colours much?
Discus Tank Tank Log

PaulVerrall
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

I was governed by length and went for the 25w as I could for 2, each on the underside of my ali cross section without using the pull out clips.
I would of gone brighter if the length was right, but in actual fact the two 25s are probably a bit too much.

I haven't messed with colours yet apart from I've managed to get it to come gradually on and gradually go off again. I will eventually read the instructions etc but without plants in there, it's purely for viewing purposes.

Yours looks good, how do the discus look under the light?
Lee_k
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner

You can reduce them all down if its a little too bright for you it's really easy in the fluval app.

I've just upgraded the discus tank to a plant 3.0 59w and the fish look great
Discus Tank Tank Log

Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1418 times
Been liked: 3411 times

Your aquarium looks great Paul. ::thumbu::
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 12 x Cory sterbai 51 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)