Stephen's 120L tank log

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 696 times
Been liked: 1686 times

Do you want to try some floaters Stephen to see if it helps? I'm due a clear out soon of the Silvinia Natans from my Discus tank. I'd happily post you some for your contribution to the forum if you'd like.
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
Andys temperate tank
Tank of the Year Winner 2020-21
Has liked: 4378 times
Been liked: 2896 times

Stephen wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 17:14 pm
Andys temperate tank wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 15:50 pm How are you doing with the black sludge in here Stephen?
Still there, on the wood and plants. :(
Any plans to try and beat it?
64l kitchen tank: 16 golden tetra.
5ft 425L: 3 blue angel fish, 30 rummie nose tetra, 20 black neon tetra, 1 longfin bristlenose plec, 2 corydoras sterbai, 24 corydoras duplicareas,2 SAE.
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1418 times
Been liked: 3409 times

BigBen wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 18:53 pm Do you want to try some floaters Stephen to see if it helps? I'm due a clear out soon of the Silvinia Natans from my Discus tank. I'd happily post you some for your contribution to the forum if you'd like.
That is a kind offer Ben, thank you.
I will try a different powerhead or an external filter, I'm still in two minds which one to go for but more likely an external filter.
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 12 x Cory sterbai 51 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)

Powered by EHEIM
Andys temperate tank
Has liked: 4378 times
Been liked: 2896 times

Stephen wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 19:34 pm
I will try a different powerhead or an external filter, I'm still in two minds which one to go for but more likely an external filter.
You've been saying this since you got the tank Stephen. 😁

What eheim are you getting?
64l kitchen tank: 16 golden tetra.
5ft 425L: 3 blue angel fish, 30 rummie nose tetra, 20 black neon tetra, 1 longfin bristlenose plec, 2 corydoras sterbai, 24 corydoras duplicareas,2 SAE.
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 696 times
Been liked: 1686 times

BigBen wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 18:53 pm Do you want to try some floaters Stephen to see if it helps? I'm due a clear out soon of the Silvinia Natans from my Discus tank. I'd happily post you some for your contribution to the forum if you'd like.
That is a kind offer Ben, thank you.
If you want some pm me your address and I'll pop some on the post early next week. Feel free to say no as well!
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1418 times
Been liked: 3409 times

@Andys temperate tank
Andys temperate tank wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 19:39 pm
You've been saying this since you got the tank Stephen. 😁

What eheim are you getting?
To be totally honest I wish I never bought the Juwel aquarium and I hate the internal filter.
It looks good, nice cabinet, 120L, LED lighting but now I just don't like it.
What I was really looking for was an Aqua One Aquience Cube 550s (165L) which fitted the gap available and matched the big aquarium, unfortunately it is no longer made/available.
It would of been a perfect match (see image below), I even looked for a second-hand one.

External filter?
I would love an Eheim Pro4 350, but new would cost around £160.00 (someone on ebay is selling second-hand for £299 :dodgy: )
I just can't afford or justify paying £160 for an external filter at the moment which is why I haven't bought one yet.
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 12 x Cory sterbai 51 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)