Wishafish’s tank log

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 696 times
Been liked: 1686 times

Drifty wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:55 am I just though you couldn't put it close to the TV because two things one the loud sound would scare the fish and stress them out... and two the humidity that comes from the Tank would shorten the TV life span?
I've never witnessed any spooking of the fish from the sound. Considering I have discus, which are probably one of the fish that spook the easiest, I am happy with the location of the tank and the TV. In fact, I could almost guarantee where my Loricaria So.Rio Atabapo are right now, in the corner closest to the TV as that's where the food goes in. They never leave.

With regards to your second point, this isn't an issue as I mentioned previously due to the good quality lid. I don't get any noticeable evaporation so it would be fairly safe to assume that there would be a very limited increase in humidity in the room.
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
Drifty
Posting Legend
Has liked: 2119 times
Been liked: 761 times

Thanks for that it good to know that later on I could put my TV next to the Tank
Create Not Hate
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4271 times
Been liked: 3922 times

It's not so much of an issue with the new Televisions these days, although I will say watch your sound systems especially a surround sound close an aquarium. Sudden loud noises could be detrimental to your fishes health!

One type of aquarium I wouldn't put to close to any equipment is a marine aquarium ...salt in the air does funny things to electronics over time. :dodgy2:
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Good point, I certainly wouldn't use a sound system anywhere near a tank!
Wishafish
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 353 times

*unsubscribes from own tank log* 🤨
:] 🦐 🐌
125L: Corydoras trilineatus, Endlers, celestial pearl danios, Amano shrimp, nerite snails, MTS
25L: cherry shrimp, nerite snails, MTS
Martinspuddle
Has liked: 4271 times
Been liked: 3922 times

Wishafish wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 18:18 pm *unsubscribes from own tank log* 🤨
:D
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Wishafish wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 18:18 pm *unsubscribes from own tank log* 🤨
Haha, sorry!
Wishafish
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

For logistical reasons (work to do on house) setting up the 18x15x12” as a permanent second tank has been indefinitely postponed, because the cupboard it sits on takes up floor space where we need to be able to stack boxes. Instead I’ve got a little tiny tank on the kitchen worktop. I think I might give it a tank log all of its own!
125L: Corydoras trilineatus, Endlers, celestial pearl danios, Amano shrimp, nerite snails, MTS
Wishafish
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

The ups and downs of fishkeeping. :(
We lost a cory. :[ Everyone fine, active and eating well, but first thing one morning I found one dead fish. Water parameters all good, a slight red patch on the underside of the fish but can’t really tell if pre or post mortem. Everyone else still looks fine, so I was resigning myself to “watch and wait”.

Then the rest of them decide to spawn. ::shifty::
Clearly they are not very experienced at this, the biggest female was the only one to produce eggs and she was very good at carrying them around and fairly rubbish at sticking them onto things. :rolleyes: Two different males got in on the act that I saw, however this morning all the eggs are white and some have disappeared (presumed eaten). If they make a regular thing of this and there are no more deaths I may try to collect and rear some eggs in future.
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5469 times
Been liked: 2683 times

Sorry for your loss :(
At least the rest are happy enough to have a go at spawning :)
It is a game of ups and downs :D
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!