Wishafish’s tank log

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
Wishafish
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 353 times

fr499y wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:39 am I did had a couple of awesome little yellow tiger endlers, but sadly none made it and no offspring as of yet. It's always interesting to see what you get later down the line :D
Sorry to hear that you lost them. My males are all the same pattern - but no way of knowing whether the females are the same line or what they were impregnated with before I had them! I was tempted to add another colour variation and probably will if I see something nice in a LFS in the future, but no rush.
:] 🦐 🐌
125L: Corydoras trilineatus, Endlers, celestial pearl danios, Amano shrimp, nerite snails, MTS
25L: cherry shrimp, nerite snails, MTS
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4245 times
Been liked: 3909 times

Wishafish wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:35 am So difficult to photograph but stunning little fish!

Lovely fish @Wishafish. :]

PUDDLE TIP: Photography is never that easy with small, fast moving creatures, one trick is to not follow the fish around the aquarium but wait for the fish to come to you in a chosen area.
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Wishafish
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

@Martinspuddle thank you, that helps but I just don’t think my phone is good at focussing!
125L: Corydoras trilineatus, Endlers, celestial pearl danios, Amano shrimp, nerite snails, MTS
Martinspuddle

Wishafish wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 14:16 pm @Martinspuddle thank you, that helps but I just don’t think my phone is good at focussing!
Most modern phones will focus down to a few centimetres, some even closer. :]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wishafish
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Martinspuddle wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 15:09 pm
Wishafish wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 14:16 pm @Martinspuddle thank you, that helps but I just don’t think my phone is good at focussing!
In that case it must be me that’s the problem! 😝
Martinspuddle

Wishafish wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 15:34 pm
Martinspuddle wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 15:09 pm
In that case it must be me that’s the problem! 😝
...no comment. :grin:
Wishafish
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Today I went to Sainsbury’s (car park!) and came home with corydoras - as one does! ::shifty::

Thanks to @Stephen I now have a little herd of trilineatus who seem to be settling in well. First time I’ve had full-sized corys in this tank - my sterbai sadly never really grew up, and my previous corys were in a different larger tank. They look enormous and the Endlers suddenly look tiny. Hopefully my eyes/brain will adjust over the next few days. 🐁 🐘
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 696 times
Been liked: 1686 times

I wish my local Sainsbury's did Cory's! Trilineatus are very pretty fish!
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
Wishafish
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

BigBen wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 20:50 pm I wish my local Sainsbury's did Cory's! Trilineatus are very pretty fish!
Ha, I didn’t actually venture inside but apparently they have a good meal deal! 😂

They are very pretty. I said to OH if it wasn’t for the fact they’ve been around forever and all these other species are new and exciting they would be a “must have” fish. I was of course tempted by lots of new and exciting things but many expensive corys would find my water too hard long term so Stephen’s offer just seemed to make sense. 😁
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1418 times
Been liked: 3410 times

Wishafish wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 20:35 pm Today I went to Sainsbury’s (car park!) and came home with corydoras - as one does! ::shifty::

Thanks to @Stephen I now have a little herd of trilineatus who seem to be settling in well. First time I’ve had full-sized corys in this tank - my sterbai sadly never really grew up, and my previous corys were in a different larger tank. They look enormous and the Endlers suddenly look tiny. Hopefully my eyes/brain will adjust over the next few days. 🐁 🐘
It was good to meet you.

Here's the story (for everyone else).
After hearing the woes about the continued cory losses from Wishafish, I made an offer of my Corydoras trilineatus which I've had for 10 months.
Hopefully this will be a new beginning for Wishafish with good, healthy stock.
So basically I was trying to be a good Samaritan to a fellow forum member.
It also means I can now transfer, a little sooner than originally planned, some Gold laser cory (CW010) to the now vacated 120L aquarium for my breeding project.

;)
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 12 x Cory sterbai 51 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)