Wishafish’s tank log

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
Wishafish
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 353 times

And so it begins... :D
:] 🦐 🐌
125L: Corydoras trilineatus, Endlers, celestial pearl danios, Amano shrimp, nerite snails, MTS
25L: cherry shrimp, nerite snails, MTS
Feather_Borb
Has liked: 127 times
Been liked: 239 times

Exciting times!
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1415 times
Been liked: 3407 times

Excellent.
I had a delivery 2 weeks ago of a Juwel Lido 120 LED.

All the best
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 13 x Cory sterbai 52 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)

Powered by EHEIM
Ricrhys
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 469 times
Been liked: 560 times

ohhh nice, everyone loves delivery day.
Wishafish
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

This weekend has mainly consisted of rearranging bits of house and occasionally looking longingly at the boxes. It’s a bit like Tetris except it makes my back hurt.

The old tank that is in the way has been properly emptied of water and sand, the bogwood (with moss and fern somehow still alive despite having no filter, heater or light for over a year!) is in a plastic tub with my one lonely nerite. Hopefully he’ll be ok for a few days. The sand is outside in buckets having been washed, and now I just need to get rid of the old tank.
125L: Corydoras trilineatus, Endlers, celestial pearl danios, Amano shrimp, nerite snails, MTS
Wishafish
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Old tank went off to its new home in the week, and yesterday I worked, so today I finally had time to build my new cabinet. I know I’m weird but I enjoy building flat pack, as long as I’m on my own to go at my own pace! So, a happy hour or so was spent humming along to some tunes. 😁

Getting the tank out of the box was entertaining - in the end I just destroyed the box. Ta daaa!

However we looked at the tank here and pulled faces and decided to move a bookcase and try it there instead. Emptied the bookcase. The bookcase hasn’t been moved in umpteen years, so cue much dusting, hoovering and washing of skirting board etc. Discovered a piece of wallpaper peeling off and then the back of the bookcase partly fell off. Repaired bookcase.

Moved the tank into resulting gap but haven’t dared put water in, just in case we decide to move it all back again tomorrow....! 🤦‍♀️
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

That sounds like a very productive Sunday :D ;)
Wishafish
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Thanks to all those who recommended Aquarium Gardens in my other topic. I placed my order only to discover I had ordered from them back in 2014! I have given them a range of suitable delivery dates, so I shall await their decision of which works best with their stock etc. There is no rush, things will happen at their own time.
Wishafish
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Why did I never label plugs before? I must truly be a grown up now.
Wishafish
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Things have progressed. The bookcase got to keep its new location. The tank was dragged out long enough to be backgrounded, on the back and one side, as it is now in a corner. I’ve gone for plain black. The new tank location is ideal as it’s right in front of a plug socket, and the open back of the cabinet makes this easy to reach.

Plant substrate in, sand, bit of water, plants in, more water. The following morning I added some bogwood and replanted all the plants. Then decided that my best bit of bogwood was too big for this tank, took it out, and discovered my second best bit has been dry for too many years and only wants to float. :woo: Put some smaller bits in instead. Of course all this disruption meant replanting the plants again, poor things!

And now a fishless cycle is underway. Hopefully plenty of time for the bogwood to sink and the plants to settle in. :D