Old puddle, new house...

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4247 times
Been liked: 3909 times

Meanwhile back in the kitchen...

Something a tad wet. :dodgy2:

Turns out using air power is causing condensation to build up inside the hood and in turn then run down all side of the aquarium onto the kitchen work top.

So out with the with the sponge filter and I installed the Juwel Bioflow One filter, leaving one Juwel sponge out and adding half of the Chinese sponge inside. Shouldn't be any issues with such a low bioload in this aquarium. Also added a black background, think it looks far better ...the boss is not keen, :dodgy2: ...it's staying I say. :grin:

Java moss is growing quite well, so once it's settled in a little more I post some better pictures.
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Martinspuddle

Only problem is now, I discovered there's water trapped under the aquarium. :dodgy2: ...having to use kitchen paper towels to try and draw it out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Drifty
Posting Legend
Has liked: 2117 times
Been liked: 761 times

Martinspuddle wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:05 pm Image

Only problem is now, I discovered there's water trapped under the aquarium. :dodgy2: ...having to use kitchen paper towels to try and draw it out.
you have a leak?
Create Not Hate
Wishafish
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 332 times
Been liked: 353 times

I thought that picture was a corridor in a haunted mansion or something, very surreal. I hope your high-tech water extraction solution works!
:] 🦐 🐌
125L: Corydoras trilineatus, Endlers, celestial pearl danios, Amano shrimp, nerite snails, MTS
25L: cherry shrimp, nerite snails, MTS
Martinspuddle

Wishafish wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 14:57 pm I thought that picture was a corridor in a haunted mansion or something, very surreal. I hope your high-tech water extraction solution works!
Yes, see what you mean.

Capillary attraction @Wishafish, works a treat. :]
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5056 times
Been liked: 3424 times

Condensation is probably worse than a leak, but easier and cheaper to sort...unless the kitchen top is ruined underneath..... ;)
Martinspuddle

plankton wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:27 am Condensation is probably worse than a leak, but easier and cheaper to sort...unless the kitchen top is ruined underneath..... ;)
Doesn't matter if the top gets ruined too much ....Mrs. Puddle is already started talking about a new kitchen. :dodgy2:
Martinspuddle

A lot of work today on the Aqua Oak Puddle.

...removing old leaves, cleaning glass, lily pipe and the removal of excess detritus from the rear of the aquarium plus a 150 litre waterchange.
The build up of this dirt at the back is a mixture of Bristlenose poo and the remains of Catappa leaf, not that I'm too worried as it seems to be a great place for the Kuhli loaches to hang out. :]

Image Image
Click to enlarge images

Most if not all these Java leaves are originals which have been dying back and going brown. I should imagine these large Java ferns I purchased were grown out of water by Tropica before being sold for retail. Some older Cryptocoryne leaves that have holes or are wilting and a few Vallis leaf which have signs of looking worst for wear, again original leaf. All the Oedogonium algae has now disappeared thanks to 'Fred' the Siamese Algae eater and if anything I'm struggling to find much nuisance algae growth on the plants at all.

Image Image
Click to enlarge images

...don't worry, I didn't forget to remove that leaf in the middle of the left image. :grin:

New growth is everywhere, the set up is been dosed daily with 4ml of Easy-Life Profito and a weekly 30ml dose of Easy-Life FERRO added when the tank is refilled with fresh water. Both fertilizers are being slightly under dosed for the size of aquarium but so far there doesn't seem any issues as yet. I'm expecting to have increase the dosing later on as the plants mature more.

Image Image
Click to enlarge images

Above, new growth all over, the Bucephalandra with new leaves. Today I have moved in from quarantine the Amano Shrimps having completed just shy of three weeks with no issues and a couple of salt dips. Also finally managed to get a pot of Cryptocoryne Parva which was unable to obtain with the original batch of plants and planted around the foreground.

Image Image
Click to enlarge images

Still waiting for the replacement hood, Maidenhead tell me they've now got it but cannot find anyone to deliver the new hood to me. I was asked would I be able to return the old hood and pick up the new one but only having a VW Polo I cannot see me being able to get in the car with it's packaging some how. :dodgy2:
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1787 times
Been liked: 4206 times

Front passenger and rear seats down, should be easy enough. We put a 3x2 and cabinet in the back of the misses car and a brand new 4ft with cabinet and still had more room 😁 two door proceed GT though, so a bit more room in the back hehe.
Martinspuddle

fr499y wrote: Sat Jun 26, 2021 18:31 pm Front passenger and rear seats down, should be easy enough. We put a 3x2 and cabinet in the back of the misses car and a brand new 4ft with cabinet and still had more room 😁 two door proceed GT though, so a bit more room in the back hehe.
Sorry @fr499y but the front passenger seat in a Polo SE don't fold down nor do they wind all the way down. :[