Stephen's 550L tank log:

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
Andys temperate tank
Tank of the Year Winner 2020-21
Tank of the Year Winner 2020-21
Has liked: 4378 times
Been liked: 2896 times

Looking fantastic as always Stephen mate.
64l kitchen tank: 16 golden tetra.
5ft 425L: 3 blue angel fish, 30 rummie nose tetra, 20 black neon tetra, 1 longfin bristlenose plec, 2 corydoras sterbai, 24 corydoras duplicareas,2 SAE.
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4245 times
Been liked: 3908 times

Stephen wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 17:07 pm Image
Looking great @Stephen :]

Just noticed your circulation pumps, I've just purchased a Eheim streamON+ 3500.
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Drifty
Posting Legend
Has liked: 2117 times
Been liked: 761 times

Looks great @Stephen very clean 🐠🐟👍 how long your maintenance take on this tank?
Create Not Hate
F3l1ss
Has liked: 1032 times
Been liked: 323 times

Filling out nicely and looking so clean and green!
Small tank - 125L - 7 Corydoras sterbai, 2 Melanotaenia herbertaxelrodi
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1418 times
Been liked: 3409 times

Martinspuddle wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 19:48 pm
Stephen wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 17:07 pm Image
Looking great @Stephen :]

Just noticed your circulation pumps, I've just purchased a Eheim streamON+ 3500.
Thanks Martin

There is a circulation pump on the left and another on the right. ;]
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 12 x Cory sterbai 51 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)

Powered by EHEIM
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner

Drifty wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 20:34 pm Looks great @Stephen very clean 🐠🐟👍 how long your maintenance take on this tank?
Thanks Dave

I done a clean yesterday which took about 2 hours or so, but I do have a bad back and was still sore yesterday (before the clean).
I generally have a clean up probably about every 3 to 4 weeks, I do have 2 wood-eating plecos which are real poop machines.
Normally it is all done in around an hour including water change.
Before I had the plecos then the time between clean ups was much longer.
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 12 x Cory sterbai 51 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)

Powered by EHEIM
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner

F3l1ss wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 20:45 pm Filling out nicely and looking so clean and green!
Thanks Louisa, I did a big water change and clean up yesterday (Friday). I'm quite pleased with myself.
The aquarium has certainly filled out with the plants. These are the same plants as in the November image.
A few months of growth does make a big difference.

Powered by EHEIM
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner

News! News! News!

I spotted some depressions in the sand and some mounts in the sand (not low or high but noticeable).
My instinctive thought was that the Cupid cichlids were to blame as depressions in the sand is a early sign of spawning activity as observed previously with my previous Cupid cichlids.
That thought lasted probably less than 10 seconds as my current Cupids are too young and won't be in the spawning mood until they are around 2 years old, I only bought them last November as juveniles (less than 3 inches in size), they have some more growing and filling out to do before becoming full size and sexually active.

So what was causing the depressions and mounds in the sand?
It's George, remember him?
George is one of two Flash plecos (Panaqolus albivermis, L204) and the biggest of the two.
He looks like a definite male (hence the name George) and recently has been investigating the clay pleco cave on the right of the 550L aquarium.
Yesterday/today he has not only been investigating the clay cave but also doing a big of cleaning and preparing.
I observed him head-first just inside the cave entrance then gently swishing his tail to level the sand outside the cave, this has created the depression and mounds.
George is certainly fully grown or very close to being fully grown and has all the male markings.

Maybe, if Mildred is female, then we may have some spawning activity in the near future. Who knows? :)