C.Weitzmani spawning log

BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 695 times
Been liked: 1679 times

Suse wrote: Wed Nov 11, 2020 21:34 pm Ack sorry to hear about the Covid... but congratulations on the fry!

At some point, would you mind giving me a quick rundown of your procedure for hatching cory eggs and raising fry? I would love to read what you do as you seem to have good success. I have read so many different things (airstones, methylene blue, different first foods etc) that my brain is boggling. I am hoping my cories will start to breed next year so would like to be prepared!
I'll write something up on the process, I've never had much success with raising fry in large numbers to be honest except broken. They are indestructible.
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

My lack of success raising fry continues. Just had a scout around the fry tank and only found 1 remaining. I'll encourage them to spawn in larger numbers again and have another go. I'll probably pick up another smaller tank and a tank around 60l to focus on it a bit more.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

It's always a shame when that happens, but they usually spawn again (even though my gossei and sterbai only spawned once)........
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

plankton wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:41 pm It's always a shame when that happens, but they usually spawn again (even though my gossei and sterbai only spawned once)........
They're spawning weekly, but not many more than 10. I'm due to move them to the Cory tank so I'll hit them with loads of water changes. There's plenty of anubias to lay on in there. I need to have s bit more of a set up for them again. I wasn't really prepared for this but I couldn't resist them in the shop!
Redpanda
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 854 times
Been liked: 284 times

Ohh sorry to hear that. My wriggler didn’t survive neither , I knew chances are small. I’m running sponge filter in my main tank so it can mature over several weeks and then will look out for eggs
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

I think I'm going to build a small wooden frame and 4x 25l tanks in the new year so I can have a good crack at a few species. I can get fish to spawn quite well, but I'm useless at raising fish so I need to practise! I've managed a few times with Sterbai, Bronzes and Napoensis but it's been so inconsistent. 10% success I reckon.
Redpanda
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Just following this, have you had any more success Big Ben or have missed it in another post?
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

I still have 1 fry left, however I unfortunately lost the only female so this project is over for a while. I'll probably pick some more up at some point once the lockdown is lifted. Desperate to go and have a wonder around the shops.
Redpanda
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Ohh sorry you lost her 🙈🙈
I’m still faffing with my Sterbai. So far managed to keep fry alive till 1 week old only. But just saved few more eggs again and will have another go 😂😂🙈🤞