C.Weitzmani spawning log

Suse
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 500 times
Been liked: 440 times

I read somewhere that cories don't tend to eat their fry (eggs yes, but not fry) but no idea if that's true. Good luck to them anyway, and for the new batch :)
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 696 times
Been liked: 1686 times

Suse wrote: Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:37 am I read somewhere that cories don't tend to eat their fry (eggs yes, but not fry) but no idea if that's true. Good luck to them anyway, and for the new batch :)
They will eat them annoyingly. I have had them survive in a community before when I had a tonne of Java moss and the eggs were layed in the moss.
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

They've spawned again over night, mostly on underside of the anubias leaves but they did pop one in the spawning mop this time ::clap::

BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Nothing hatched yet, but they're close. You can see the fry through the eggs now and also what an unfertilised egg looks like.

Redpanda
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 854 times
Been liked: 284 times

Nice to see it’s all going great!!
I’ve saved 2 eggs, both hatched. One “baby” died within 24, the other one was a bit bigger and darker- still alive.
I don’t know why I saved them 🙈🙈 I have one wriggler in 25l tank now and have no idea how to feed him . If he survives- it will be a miracle cory 😂😂😂
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Redpanda wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 18:02 pm Nice to see it’s all going great!!
I’ve saved 2 eggs, both hatched. One “baby” died within 24, the other one was a bit bigger and darker- still alive.
I don’t know why I saved them 🙈🙈 I have one wriggler in 25l tank now and have no idea how to feed him . If he survives- it will be a miracle cory 😂😂😂
5 days in I think, but no hatching yet. This is the longest I've seen so far. I'd imagine they'll be swimming by the morning.

They can survive in a established tank eating all of the micro goodies, I've had a few survive. Not often though but the ones that do become a favourite. I have at least 1 still going with the parent group.

I think it's worth raising a couple sometimes, lessons can be learnt straight away without loosing a batch of 100, I lost about that with my first Sterbai spawn.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5051 times
Been liked: 3423 times

Tetramin Baby food can help, but small food like microworms or cyclops are best for feeding fry.
They do have an egg sac to start them off for the first two or three days.
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Are Cyclops too big for straight after the egg sack has been consumed for most Cory fry? I've been wondering about it for the Weitzmani because of the size of the eggs, they're going to be big fry. I was always told microworms or newly hatched brine shrimp.
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

No free swimming fry this morning, but there is some tails starting to stick through. I've never had Cory eggs take 6 days before!
Redpanda
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 854 times
Been liked: 284 times

BigBen wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:09 am No free swimming fry this morning, but there is some tails starting to stick through. I've never had Cory eggs take 6 days before!
Mine took 5 days I think