Betta's, Gouramis etc
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5033 times
Been liked: 3395 times

This is my suggested feeding routine for bettas (and other labyrinth fish):
https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewto ... f=11&t=224

Bettas can take it pretty warm for short periods, and the water shouldn't be too much of a problem, although that is quite a swing from 7dGH.
It may (also) be that his digestive system wasn't working 100% with just the granules, they do have fragile digestive systems.
Are there any other fish in the tank that were with him?
Belvito

plankton wrote: Sun Aug 29, 2021 12:33 pm This is my suggested feeding routine for bettas (and other labyrinth fish):
https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewto ... f=11&t=224

Bettas can take it pretty warm for short periods, and the water shouldn't be too much of a problem, although that is quite a swing from 7dGH.
It may (also) be that his digestive system wasn't working 100% with just the granules, they do have fragile digestive systems.
Are there any other fish in the tank that were with him?
No, he was alone in the aquarium.
Thank you, I will follow the feeding routine you provided if I decide to get another Betta.
Also, which Betta granules do you recommend? My concern is that the ones I used (Tetra) and most that I have seen have vegetal components like cereals and vegetal proteins, while Bettas are carnivores.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5033 times
Been liked: 3395 times

When I've kept them I used Hikari betta granules, but I don't know what you can get in Romania.
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4220 times
Been liked: 3888 times

Greetings :] & welcome to AF-UK

At one time Bettas use to be very hardy but I think with constant line breeding over the years the strains have become weaker.
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Clownman
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 87 times

Bettas should be kept at 25/26 C , as others have said don't mess about with water chemistry, it's going to do way more damage than good , they are more than likely bred in your country so will be used to dechlorinated local tap water. Feed a shelled cooked pea every 1-2 weeks.
I've bred Bettas several times, they are pretty resilient fish as long as you do basic water maintenance, 10% weekly, and in a small Betta tank try to balance the water change temperature, extremes of temp can shock them.
Oh and a ping pong ball floating on the surface gives them something to play with!