Mark on new galaxy rasbora

Barbs, Danios, Rasboras, Sharks, Golfish, Koi.
CapS
Been liked: 1 time

Hey, thanks for the tips.
I also thought it was fungal and used pimafix, but this didn't seem to help and sadly the one in the photo died after I isolated it.
I also had one which was showing signs of infection a few weeks ago and had a good look around the tank (moved everything) and I am pretty sure that one also died as I can't find any signs of it anywhere - no ammonia spikes so fingers crossed it didn't impact on the tank too much.
I ended up doing 1 week of Melafix, 1 week of Pimafix, and after removing the ill one, another week of Pimafix to be safe (added some bubbles to help with oxigenation which I read was an issue when they are used) and I am happy to say none of the other remaining 4 are showing any signs of illness yet so hoping that helped.
Total hardness is between 6.5 to 8.6 Gh (120-150mg/L), and Carbonate is 4 Kh (7-mg/l) but PH is pretty stable at 7.2-7.6 so seems alright from what I read. I've added the conversion in case I got one of the other values wrong and someone spots something off.
I actually really enjoy the danios and would consider getting more to replace the ones I lost, but I am not sure if there is something wrong with the tank or with the supply as mentioned by DoubleDutch. Guppies and blue shrimp seem pretty happy otherwise.
DoubleDutch
Posting Legend
Has liked: 85 times
Been liked: 134 times

There isn't anything wrong with the fish or the supply but I am starting to suspect CPD's have sonething like Dwarf Gouramis. A species specific issue. At several forums around the world the same issues seem to occure.