Eirmotus octozona

Barbs, Danios, Rasboras, Sharks, Golfish, Koi.
Vale!
Super Mod - TOTM Winner
Super Mod - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 1302 times

I just had to dust off the camera for a different purpose but finding myself with it in hand, and finding my hand quite close to the Eirmotus tank, I thought a little update would be appropriate.

The tank itself has settled down nicely. A bit of bogwood 'roof' became detached (OK I was clumsy during a water-change!) and is now floating around. It may or may not sink eventually but the moss and Bucep stapled to it are enjoying their drift around in the 'sunshine' for the time being at least.

Although the fish have access to both sides of the tank, they've all steadfastly remained in the left-hand side.  For a few weeks I wasn't able to see them at all unless I dropped in some food and then quickly scootled away to a dark part of the room to observe.  Over the past couple of weeks they've become much bolder and now actually come out of their cave to demand food if they see me.  The following pic is (as usual) blurry but you get the idea :

Two of the new Eirmotus that I invited to join those already in the 400L tank have also shrugged off their shyness - at least I assume it's the same two each time I see them. There's a slight but noticeable size differential between them and those in the species tank, the latter not having to compete for food, of course.
PJN
Posting Legend
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 1 time

Good to hear all is well! :)
wingnut55
Tank of the Year 2022
Tank of the Year 2022
Has liked: 302 times
Been liked: 385 times

All seems well Vale, tanks and fish looking good.  ;)  

Ian.
Juwel Rio 450 LED

Tank 80% stocked  :)
Vale!
Super Mod - TOTM Winner
Super Mod - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 1302 times

Just an update - nothing's really changed except that I felt sorry for the few that were left at the LFS. They were so thin, so I gave them a home.

My video editing thing still isn't working so this is 'raw' from my tablet.

[video=youtube]https://youtu.be/wBfCaxU0-u4[/video]

Gosh - it's lost so much quality. It was supposed to be HD as well!
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5443 times
Been liked: 2668 times

Youtube does that, it might need a few seconds to stream to come up better (or so i’ve found with mine).
Looking very calm and tranquil :)
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1418 times
Been liked: 3409 times

I apologise as this is the first time I've read this thread.
What a lovely looking fish the Eirmotus octozona is.
I have not seen these in any LFS that I have visited.
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 12 x Cory sterbai 51 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)