Filamentosa Barbs compatibility question

Marty.h
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 62 times
Been liked: 136 times

I'm hoping as they are very small clown loach that growing up with the shoal of around 50 cardinals I have in there they wont then see them as dinner I suppose only time will tell on that one and what a headache that will be later on getting the clowns out when all plants well rooted ect if they decide to make dinner of them [emoji85]

I have turned down the fish though I still have a lot more space for stock I may just up the numbers of the species I have in there to make bigger shoals least I know it's currently peaceful in there

I was however thinking of some denison barbs a shoal of them however not sure how that would work

@plankton @DoubleDutch @black ghost

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Last edited by Marty.h on Wed Oct 30, 2019 16:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
black ghost
Posting Legend
Has liked: 308 times
Been liked: 1387 times

No offence meant but if you’ve researched Denison Barbs you’ll know they’re subtropical. Their upper temperature limit is the Clown Loach’s lower limit.

With Clown Loach a lot depends on what they’re used to. I’ve had newly imported batches wipe out whole tanks of little fish overnight, but as @plankton says, most wont touch small fish. Chances are if they grow up together from small they should be ok. Besides, it takes quite a few years for them to get big, by which time the Cardies will have died of old age.
I don't keep fish, I keep water. Water keeps fish.
Marty.h
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

[quote="black ghost" pid='41579' dateline='1572463144']
No offence meant but if you’ve researched Denison Barbs you’ll know they’re subtropical. Their upper temperature limit is the Clown Loach’s lower limit.

With Clown Loach a lot depends on what they’re used to. I’ve had newly imported batches wipe out whole tanks of little fish overnight, but as @plankton says, most wont touch small fish. Chances are if they grow up together from small they should be ok. Besides, it takes quite a few years for them to get big, by which time the Cardies will have died of old age.
[/quote]I didn't know they was sub tropical I've only recently come into freshwater I've kept marine and fish ect live in the same water parameters with marine but thought I would ask here as often information online is incorrect and at least here you get an honest opinion ect

plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

@"black ghost" thanks for the extra info about clowns. Mine were very well behaved then. :)
@"Marty.h" Barbs tend to be grumpy, there aren't many that are docile beside cherry, checkered and pentazona. A lot of the slightly bigger ones are surprisingly sub-tropical as well. Denisons are nice, but, as BG says they are also sub-tropical.
If at first you don't succeed....
...get someone else to do it! :D

Enjoy your fish, shrimps and snails!
Ian
Marty.h
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

[quote="plankton" pid='41606' dateline='1572507344']
@"black ghost" thanks for the extra info about clowns. Mine were very well behaved then. :)
@"Marty.h" Barbs tend to be grumpy, there aren't many that are docile beside cherry, checkered and pentazona. A lot of the slightly bigger ones are surprisingly sub-tropical as well. Denisons are nice, but, as BG says they are also sub-tropical.
[/quote]One big learning circle ian didn't have that with marine all lived in the same water and temp I still have a lot to learn [emoji85]