clown loach losing weight

plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5051 times
Been liked: 3422 times

Beefheart can be a bit fatty as well, so don't use it too often. ;)
The diet needs to be as varied as possible with a full range. They are real omnivores.
Yes, that's the stuff. :)
Trouty
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 3 times

thanks Ian il buy that med today and start treatment and add more meaty foods, although dont like the sound of cat food. i will give an update as things progress hopefully he start eating again soon. thatnks again for all the advice.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod

I never used cat food either, don't have a cat and it would have probably wasted most of it as we don't seem to have any hedgehogs or such roundabouts..... ;)
Trouty

So iv used the treatment 3 day course started sunday finished tuesday, its now thursday and there seems to be no improvement if anything the fish looks worse. Not visually but behaviour hiding even more and still breathing rapidly and very stressed. iv not seen him eat at all for about a week but suspect it to be longer than that. iv tried brinshrimp with garlic infused, also i soaked pellets in galic juices with no joy. instructions say to wait 7 days after treatment for signs of improvement but i fear hel die before then. iam wanting to do a massive water change but also reluctant because of treatment says wait for 7 days. any advice please
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod

What are the parameters? That should be what influences the water change rather than what the meds say?
I'd be tempted to do one regardless.
Sorry there doesn't seem to be an improvement, mine took a few weeks to get back to bossing the boys around.
Try veg as well, courgette was a favourite, but, as I said, snails were top of the list. ;)
Trouty

sorry for the late reply here is were iam at. fish has still not improved havent seen it eat for a long time 3weeks or so. my water tests have been constant at amm 0 nitrite 0 nitrate around 40ppm ph 7.5. iv done 2 water changes 1 50% day after your latest reply and 2. 50% yesterday about 4hrs apart. all other fish seem fine. with his gills going so fast do you think it could be gill flukes, or would other fish be showing signs. could i treat entire tank for that.iam scratching my head with whst else to do.
Trouty

Trouty

Trouty

plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod

I can only suggest you treat for internal parasites/worms then. It does look very sorry for itself, but the colour's not too bad......
Try to bulk him up with garlic infused food. ;)