Black spot on cacatuoides

jammedfool
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 301 times

Watching the tank this evening, I noticed one side of the male apistos mouth seemed larger and darker than the other

It's like 2 tiny black dots on his jowls... Any idea? Something I need to treat or just keep an eye on?
40L nano
4x xiphophorus pygmaeus
Cherry shrimp
2x assassin snail

80L 'stairway'
4x Cherry Barb
10x X-ray tetra
4x Amano
1x Dwarf Neon Rainbow

20L Qtank
just java moss
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

Keep your eye on it, just in case it is an infection, but I don't think it looks like it is.
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5424 times
Been liked: 2667 times

I think thats fairly normal. Pretty sure Jayne (one of the males I had) used to manage to get food/gravel/sand stuck in the fold of the jowl making it look dark in colour. My OH noticed it and we watched then I’m pretty sure he had a stretch and it fell out.
Just keep an eye on it in case :)
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
jammedfool
Has liked: 75 times
Been liked: 301 times

Gingerlove05 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 13:44 pm I think thats fairly normal. Pretty sure Jayne (one of the males I had) used to manage to get food/gravel/sand stuck in the fold of the jowl making it look dark in colour. My OH noticed it and we watched then I’m pretty sure he had a stretch and it fell out.
Just keep an eye on it in case :)
Yep gone today. I've gone for limpopo sand so he's been shovelling it lots more than the slightly coarser stuff I had. Must have got stuck in his cheek folds/ jowls whatever they're called!
40L nano
4x xiphophorus pygmaeus
Cherry shrimp
2x assassin snail

80L 'stairway'
4x Cherry Barb
10x X-ray tetra
4x Amano
1x Dwarf Neon Rainbow

20L Qtank
just java moss