A few guppies question

Drifty
Posting Legend
Has liked: 2115 times
Been liked: 761 times

@Jon_D
So far I have about 8 juvenile they are around 5 to 6 weeks old all females all with the same color tail... 11 2 weeks old... And 4 new born so far it been ok... shrimps I don't get there been no new born... They have molted many times and they have gone around the tank like crazy so many times they are big AF and so red... I'm at a lost with the shrimps.
I have alot of hiding places for the fry now with the background, moss, jungle from frogbits, jungle from rotala here a picture
I can say I been lucky and all the females are still ready to give birth so I can say alot more on the way.
Create Not Hate
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

@Drifty - any shrimplets are most likely being eaten by the guppies. They can be quite persistent little hunters. With a bit of luck, though, you might get some survivors deep inside the moss tree.
Drifty
Posting Legend
Has liked: 2115 times
Been liked: 761 times

Ric wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 19:50 pm @Drifty - any shrimplets are most likely being eaten by the guppies. They can be quite persistent little hunters. With a bit of luck, though, you might get some survivors deep inside the moss tree.
I hope so Just have not seen any new shrimps just big red bright ones... If they stay under the tree they wont get eaten at all... maybe one day when there too many of them they will come out.
I have notices that all my fish are big in terms of eating... I just put that down to eating the small frys that didn't make it. greedy buggers they are.
Create Not Hate
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

Guppies will eat until they burst.
I found that out when I started keeping them 21 years ago..... :O