Impromptu goldfish rescue

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your ponds.
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4220 times
Been liked: 3888 times

::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: PICTURES! ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb:: ::thumb::

When the temperature is down a little don't worry to much about feeding them or if you find they do not eat all the food, remove any excess uneaten where possible. :]
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Ruth
Posting Legend
Has liked: 733 times
Been liked: 1316 times

Here! Lol! Best I can do...
Wee white flowers, one lily leaf and something that resembles pyparus and a wee tiny Eli! 🤣🤣

Martinspuddle
Has liked: 4220 times
Been liked: 3888 times

Ruth wrote: Thu Apr 30, 2020 19:56 pm Here! Lol! Best I can do...
Wee white flowers, one lily leaf and something that resembles pyparus and a wee tiny Eli! 🤣🤣

Give a couple of weeks when hopefully the weather will bucks up they will be out and about a lot more. Don't worry to much if don't feed, remembering of course there will various things for them to graze on anyway. I'm right you've never had any fish in there before and it is a very mature pond? :]
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Ruth
Posting Legend

Yes - water in it since I’d say around early autumn last year...
Here’s another photographic triumph for ya...

Ruth
Posting Legend

They’re all still alive!! Out and about a bit today 😁👏👏

Andys temperate tank
Tank of the Year Winner 2020-21
Tank of the Year Winner 2020-21
Has liked: 4375 times
Been liked: 2888 times

I bet the fish keep getting lost in your lovely big pond after being in a little tank, they must be loving it.
64l kitchen tank: 16 golden tetra.
5ft 425L: 7 blue angel fish, 30 rummie nose tetra, 20 black neon tetra, 1 longfin bristlenose plec, 2 corydoras sterbai, 2 SAE.
Ruth
Posting Legend

Andys temperate tank wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 12:13 pm I bet the fish keep getting lost in your lovely big pond after being in a little tank, they must be loving it.
😁
Hope so! They were all making use of it today anyway - even wee tiny Eli!
Staffylover
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 2250 times
Been liked: 1909 times

So pleased this has gone well, I wonder why one is so small, nice to have a bit of variety, the orange ones certainly show up well, and I love your pond plant with the flowers, I considered putting a small pond in a shady part of my border where nothing grows just for pond plants but decided against it, don't have the time for frequent maintenance so sure it would end up just as a mosquito breeding ground, think your pond is lovely, they do add an extra dimension to a garden :)
500l - Africa river - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=6873
2x200l - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7790
Others - https://www.aquariumforums.co.uk/viewto ... =15&t=7411
230L 6ft - Shallow stream
Roma 125l - Holding fish
Qubiq 60 - Dwarf Spotted Danio
40l/25L - Black- bellied Limia/Pygmy Sunfish
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

Staffylover wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 13:31 pm So pleased this has gone well, I wonder why one is so small, nice to have a bit of variety, the orange ones certainly show up well, and I love your pond plant with the flowers, I considered putting a small pond in a shady part of my border where nothing grows just for pond plants but decided against it, don't have the time for frequent maintenance so sure it would end up just as a mosquito breeding ground, think your pond is lovely, they do add an extra dimension to a garden :)
Don't worry about the mozzies - they will only attract frogs/toads/birds into your garden. Also, I am always surprised how many bees, bumblebees and also wasps visit our pond to drink the water, so that bring pollinators in, too. If you just keep it as a simple wildlife pond, you really don't need to do much in terms of maintenance.
Ruth
Posting Legend

Ric wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 13:44 pm
Staffylover wrote: Fri May 01, 2020 13:31 pm So pleased this has gone well, I wonder why one is so small, nice to have a bit of variety, the orange ones certainly show up well, and I love your pond plant with the flowers, I considered putting a small pond in a shady part of my border where nothing grows just for pond plants but decided against it, don't have the time for frequent maintenance so sure it would end up just as a mosquito breeding ground, think your pond is lovely, they do add an extra dimension to a garden :)
Don't worry about the mozzies - they will only attract frogs/toads/birds into your garden. Also, I am always surprised how many bees, bumblebees and also wasps visit our pond to drink the water, so that bring pollinators in, too. If you just keep it as a simple wildlife pond, you really don't need to do much in terms of maintenance.
Def recommend a wee pond! I think you can keep it pretty clear with plants like elodea. It is so peaceful - go for it!! It def adds another dimension!! And then post the pictures!!! 🤣