Premier Aquatics

Found a LFS you rate highly? Post the details here.
jonbaden83
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 27 times

New shop in Runcorn, on the Heath business park - owned and ran by a chap called Steve who used to be a lead aquarist at Blue Planet in chester, and also worked as head aquarist at Chester Zoo.

He breeds a lot of fish at his own fish room, and imports some belters. he has some stunning Ameca Splendens at the moment, but they are mainly going to the livebearer conference in warwick this weekend.
This shop isn't local to me, its a good half hour away. But is well worth a visit! (he even builds tanks!)

you need to call ahead before visiting as the shop is on a gated site with security swipe passes for entry - you can find him on facebook for the number though.
mikeyw64
Posting Legend
Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 1275 times

I read that as "used to be lead guitarist" !!!
jonbaden83

mikeyw64 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 15:28 pm I read that as "used to be lead guitarist" !!!

I had to check I hadn't misspelled it! :D
Stebazz
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

Oh wow I read this thinking this cant be the same person I've bought from in runcorn, can it?! I have purchased multiple fish from him in the past and actually recently some rummynose he had bred. I had no idea he worked for chester zoo etc. Loved seeing what he had in his fish room each time.

This shop I must visit! Thanks for sharing jonbaden83
WinterRose73
Posting Legend
Has liked: 822 times
Been liked: 693 times

mikeyw64 wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 15:28 pm I read that as "used to be lead guitarist" !!!
You're not the only one!! 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣
'Take wasps,' Death continued. 'Wasps are made entirely from bastard. Whose grand design are they part of?'
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5424 times
Been liked: 2667 times

He might be a lead guitarist as well, although i doubt he could do it all at once ROFL
jonbaden83

Stebazz wrote: Thu Mar 12, 2020 20:35 pm Oh wow I read this thinking this cant be the same person I've bought from in runcorn, can it?! I have purchased multiple fish from him in the past and actually recently some rummynose he had bred. I had no idea he worked for chester zoo etc. Loved seeing what he had in his fish room each time.

This shop I must visit! Thanks for sharing jonbaden83
I only found the Chester zoo link through one of his Facebook posts. I've visited once, got plants 2 x fish including the stunning albino koi swordtail I've just put a pic of in my tank thread, and some of the best quality brine shrimp I've seen (loads of it too!)