So I got the new tank in the end but...

Request information on fish, plants or other aquarium issues.
Andys temperate tank
Tank of the Year Winner 2020-21
Has liked: 4378 times
Been liked: 2896 times

Looks class that mate.
64l kitchen tank: 16 golden tetra.
5ft 425L: 3 blue angel fish, 30 rummie nose tetra, 20 black neon tetra, 1 longfin bristlenose plec, 2 corydoras sterbai, 24 corydoras duplicareas,2 SAE.
MasonJ19
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 100 times

Thank you mate. Have to say although they (prime aquariums/nd aquatics) pissed me off taking so long I'll give it to them that they build nice solid tanks. They just need to work on their customer service a little bit. Looking forward to setting it up, can't start filling it until the 15th!
Andys temperate tank
Has liked: 4378 times
Been liked: 2896 times

MasonJ19 wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 19:12 pm Thank you mate. Have to say although they (prime aquariums/nd aquatics) pissed me off taking so long I'll give it to them that they build nice solid tanks. They just need to work on their customer service a little bit. Looking forward to setting it up, can't start filling it until the 15th!
What are the plans for it then?
64l kitchen tank: 16 golden tetra.
5ft 425L: 3 blue angel fish, 30 rummie nose tetra, 20 black neon tetra, 1 longfin bristlenose plec, 2 corydoras sterbai, 24 corydoras duplicareas,2 SAE.
MasonJ19
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 100 times

I'm going to try and do a mixed reef tank and see how it goes. I know nothing about corals at the min. Fish wise all I know is I want a couple of clown fish a yellow tang and not sure what else yet!
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4244 times
Been liked: 3908 times

That's better, you must cure your live rock first, cycle the aquarium and be patient. ;)

Soft corals are the easiest to start with, Button polyps, Finger leather coral, Mushroom anemones, Pulsing Xenia, Star polyps, Sarcophyton leather corals and Zoanthid corals or Zoas.

Clean up crew, Cleaner Shrimps, Red hermit crabs and Turbo snails.

click to enlarge

Above, my old reef aquarium.

Remember, reefkeepers do it slowly, it's the nature of the beast, always research, research and research again and also never be tempted to buy on impulse! :]
Last edited by Martinspuddle on Wed Apr 14, 2021 0:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
RandomTeaPig
Has liked: 165 times
Been liked: 87 times

Looks mint 👌
dh 18
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1418 times
Been liked: 3409 times

Nice aquarium ::thumbu::
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 12 x Cory sterbai 51 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)