Opportunity to make changes

Request information on fish, plants or other aquarium issues.
Danmassey
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 73 times

Hi folks
I'm moving house soon, thanks to some previous advice given to others on this forum I've got a good plan for moving. I'll be using my brothers old tank for holding fish and plants whilst I drain and move my tank.

This means I'll have time and opportunity to make changes to my tank with my fish safe in their usual filtered water. I'm already planning on adding some extra substrate and new plants. My question is, are there any bits and pieces I should do whilst the tank is empty and being rescaped a little?
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5051 times
Been liked: 3422 times

Make sure the water is similar, a large water change into different parameters will shock the fish. ;)
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1785 times
Been liked: 4202 times

I've used new 'painters buckets' in the past as they hold about 60L of water, move that along to fill the other tank and top up with the local water :)

https://www.patrico.co.uk/60L-white-rou ... gJIM_D_BwE

These days they get used as food buckets for the dog :D
Danmassey
Has liked: 76 times
Been liked: 73 times

Hah yes i use RO water mixed with tap so have huge containers. Will be able to use original tank water. Im only moving a few hundred meters so hoping water will be similar!
Mainly i was just wondering if theres any maintenance that i should do to the tank whilst its empty?
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1785 times
Been liked: 4202 times

Apart from a good clean with some RO water ( as you use it already, doubt you'll have water marks! ) I can't think of anything really to do :)