He's done it again! :@

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Forum suggestion always welcome. All things non-fishy related.
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4247 times
Been liked: 3909 times

This is my Lurcher Charlie, some of you may have seen him on the forum before. Great dog, thief, makes us laugh and very accident prone... I've never known a dog like it! :[

2017 when he was a barely a year old he was chasing after another Lurcher, thought he take a short cut between two trees... the gap wasn't dig enough! £250 :@

October 2018 he cut a front pad right open in Normandy, France, cost at vet's in Vimoutiers €200. Here he is in the garden at our house in Saint Germain de Montgommery, days before his accident with his paw.

Then later last year on the day we were about to come home my wife was throwing out bread for the birds, Charlie was running to grab some bread he ripped the skin off his fore leg by hitting a raised brick flower bed, again at our house in France. Cost €500 at vets in Vimoutiers and a further £1000 at our vets here :O

Today, while chasing a ball (he loves playing fetch) we think he must of run into a stick on the ground. He came back fine, no yelp, no fuss and he was running as before then we noticed what looked to be a little cut bleeding on his fore leg. We got home and having washed him, getting all the mud off we find a 3" gash that not only looks bad but the vet tells us that he has snapped one of the tendons to his paw. :cry:

Today, I have payed for two injections and bandaging, £126, tomorrow, general anaesthetic, operation to repair broken tendon and stitch or staple open wound. Estimate so far £700. :O

He originally cost £80 as a 10 week old pup, he is making up his cheap purchase price now!

Thank goodness for insurance. :rolleyes:
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Andys temperate tank
Tank of the Year Winner 2020-21
Has liked: 4378 times
Been liked: 2896 times

What a sickener. I hope the poor thing gets better soon. And that it's his last injury.

I doubt it mind. He seems crackers.
64l kitchen tank: 16 golden tetra.
5ft 425L: 3 blue angel fish, 30 rummie nose tetra, 20 black neon tetra, 1 longfin bristlenose plec, 2 corydoras sterbai, 24 corydoras duplicareas,2 SAE.
Fishtales
Posting Legend
Has liked: 1064 times
Been liked: 471 times

Aww what a shame. Hope everyhing goes well tomorrow for poor Charlie with his operaion. Will be hard day for you and your wife :(
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1787 times
Been liked: 4206 times

poor bugger! A little accident prone aye?
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5446 times
Been liked: 2668 times

The things our pets do and the things we do for them :)
Hope everything goes ok for him and he recovers quickly ( and doesnt hurt your bank balance too much). Bailey (one of our c....a.....t....s... dont want to set Charlie off with his leg) gave us quite a vet bill last year (around £2500 by the end of it).
Martinspuddle
Has liked: 4247 times
Been liked: 3909 times

Thank you everyone.

He's very subdued at the moment although I do wonder if that might be to do with one of his injections he had today.
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Andys temperate tank
Has liked: 4378 times
Been liked: 2896 times

Martinspuddle wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 16:58 pm Thank you everyone.

He's very subdued at the moment although I do wonder if that might be to do with one of his injections he had today.
Probably Martin. Our elvis gets groggy as hell from some of them. It's not nice.

Its for the best though. You dont want him jumping all over the shop on that leg.
64l kitchen tank: 16 golden tetra.
5ft 425L: 3 blue angel fish, 30 rummie nose tetra, 20 black neon tetra, 1 longfin bristlenose plec, 2 corydoras sterbai, 24 corydoras duplicareas,2 SAE.
Ric
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4280 times
Been liked: 1898 times

Sighthounds also have quite thin skin so any scratch/bite/thorns can quickly leave wounds and scars. The other thing is their long slim neck - if they run at a fast pace and look back, they can run into trees and, worst case, even break their own necks. And on top of that they are also great drama queens: where a staffie or a lab wouldn't blink twice, sighthounds can be most pathetic.
Hope Charlie will learn to calm down and ease up on your wallet :)
Fishtales
Posting Legend
Has liked: 1064 times
Been liked: 471 times

Ric wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 18:29 pm Sighthounds also have quite thin skin so any scratch/bite/thorns can quickly leave wounds and scars. The other thing is their long slim neck - if they run at a fast pace and look back, they can run into trees and, worst case, even break their own necks. And on top of that they are also great drama queens: where a staffie or a lab wouldn't blink twice, sighthounds can be most pathetic.
Hope Charlie will learn to calm down and ease up on your wallet :)
Well this was a nice cheery read @Ric Image
WinterRose73
Posting Legend
Has liked: 822 times
Been liked: 693 times

Poor guy!! Just a tad jinxed?!

I have one very similar but feline.... Wouldn't swap her for anything, pickle though she is!!
'Take wasps,' Death continued. 'Wasps are made entirely from bastard. Whose grand design are they part of?'