Scam calls?

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Forum suggestion always welcome. All things non-fishy related.
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4245 times
Been liked: 3908 times

I'm getting three or four of these calls a week now. :dodgy2:

The number usually starts with either +44 20 3775 **** or 020 3775 **** and is listed on the web as SwanseaIT Limited t/a Blue Telecoms (the stars can be any random numbers) has anyone else had calls from this company?

Looking further on the internet, it lists this these numbers as 'Suspected scam' or 'Potential fraud' but luckily my mobile warns me of most of them.
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Drifty
Posting Legend
Has liked: 2117 times
Been liked: 761 times

I get the mobile ones so now any number I don't know don't get answered.
Create Not Hate
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 696 times
Been liked: 1686 times

I had one of these the other day, spoke to them very briefly as I've been expecting a call, hung up within seconds and the cheeky b****** called me back straight away. Told him to bugger of and he called back again to finish his message. They seem very regular at the moment. Like you, my phone warns me so I don't answer generally but I'm expecting a call. I feel for the older and vunerable people who fall for it. My father in law (he is neither particularly old or vunerable, just an imbecile🤣) was told he had a virus on his computer and let them remote access. Fortunately my Mrs sussed what the call was and switched it off so no harm was done.
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
mikeyw64
Posting Legend
Has liked: 424 times
Been liked: 1275 times

if its on the landline (or mobile if i'm not expecting anyone) I just pop the call on mute my end rather than hanging up.

They're the ones making the outgoing call not me so it ties them up ;o)
Andys temperate tank
Tank of the Year Winner 2020-21
Tank of the Year Winner 2020-21
Has liked: 4378 times
Been liked: 2896 times

I play a game with them.

When you answer and they ask for the person they want to speak to tell them "2 seconds ill go and get him/her." Then wait to see how long they sit there till they realise the person isn't coming.

My record is about 12 mins.
64l kitchen tank: 16 golden tetra.
5ft 425L: 3 blue angel fish, 30 rummie nose tetra, 20 black neon tetra, 1 longfin bristlenose plec, 2 corydoras sterbai, 24 corydoras duplicareas,2 SAE.
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1418 times
Been liked: 3409 times

I had so many scam calls to my mobile that I changed my number.
On the landline I get the scams from (claim to be from) Microsoft, Amazon and others.
These scammers even disguise their number as something else, so a scammer call can show as a local call or completely different number to that that is actually being called from.
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 12 x Cory sterbai 51 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)