Petrol Shortage

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
Forum suggestion always welcome. All things non-fishy related.
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4220 times
Been liked: 3888 times

RandomTeaPig wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 19:07 pm
Martinspuddle wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 19:01 pm
RandomTeaPig wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 18:47 pm I keep looking at lorry driving now im separated from the misus. Long days away wouldnt be an issue. I just want to avoid London and most work im seeing seems to include London driving in cabs
Most night trunking doesn't go near London. Midlands hubs, one load, less traffic and one to bother you.
Cool thanks for that will look into it. Other thing that keeps cropping up is train driving starting out as a shunter to learn the ropes
One piece of advice, stick to the rails. :]
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
stechappo
Has liked: 530 times
Been liked: 586 times

Its Brexit......I'll leave that there :)

Joke's aside really though, got around a 1/4 tank only need to drive about 4 miles to pick up the wife from work, and then her branch of KFC closes Monday as they can't get stock delivered as no drivers so no real need for car, but its an absolute joke the reaction of the sheeple in this country.
LookoutTrout
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 337 times

Daveymancs wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 15:19 pm.
Next, people will be panic buying frozen turkeys 🙄
You joke but Bernard Matthews had already said there won't be enough turkeys for Christmas, trying to achieve the same as BP saying some petrol stations may run out.
Daveymancs
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 31 times

:D Yeah, talk of a potential turkey shortage could be good news for the sales team!
Martinspuddle

Transport Secretary Grant Shapps admits today HGV driver shortage could take years to fix.

...we being say that for years, now they've just realised.

email I received this morning... New government plans to tackle the lorry driving shortage
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PaulVerrall
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 869 times
Been liked: 1273 times

Martinspuddle wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 17:22 pm Transport Secretary Grant Shapps admits today HGV driver shortage could take years to fix.

email I received this morning... New government plans to tackle the lorry driving shortage
Lol you didn't really make a good case for lorry driving yesterday or paint a pretty picture!
Martinspuddle

PaulVerrall wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 17:43 pm
Martinspuddle wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 17:22 pm Transport Secretary Grant Shapps admits today HGV driver shortage could take years to fix.

Lol you didn't really make a good case for lorry driving yesterday or paint a pretty picture!
...and the nitwits in the Government cannot see it or understand that it's a lousy career and that's why the take up is so poor.
Martinspuddle

Question is @PaulVerrall, have you manage to get some jungle juice yet?
PaulVerrall
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 869 times
Been liked: 1273 times

Martinspuddle wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 18:17 pm Question is @PaulVerrall, have you manage to get some jungle juice yet?
Wife just queued up at coop garage as she needs diesel as she commutes to bromley everyday. Got to front to be told only police and NHS can fill, have to show I.d so turned her away.

I got half to 3/4 tank and wouldn't fill til tues/weds so I'm doing what Boris says, not panicking and will fuel as normal.
Juwelrio
Has liked: 26 times
Been liked: 24 times

Garages around me all empty I had 6 miles left in one car that’s now on 0 lucky me. Got less than 50 miles in the other not the best when I haven’t been able to get fuel since Thursday and I work 24 mile away.

The funniest thing is I actually do some hgv driving so kind of ironic that no drivers of hgv has caused the shortage and now I can’t get driving.