Bolivian ram mates

Just started on your fishy adventures, ask for help in here.
Redpanda
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 854 times
Been liked: 284 times

I have one Bolivian ram- male I believe .
I would like him to have mates or a female friend ,
I’m reading they would like to live in a group or a pair.

Can anyone advise what is the best way to do that?
If I get just one female, what are the chances they will like each other? Should I get 2 or more females to start with? Would I be able to add another male?
Any advice?

Thank you 😊😊
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5443 times
Been liked: 2668 times

Bolivians are loosely gregarious, so you might get away with adding a group of females in with the male you might end up with a pair. Depending on space/decor etc you might get away with more than one male with a group of females.
Redpanda
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 854 times
Been liked: 284 times

The tank is not huge unfortunately- 90x50 cm, and later I’d like to get some Corys too 🙈

How many should I plan so it’s not too many of them? Maybe just 2 more females in hope they will all get along?

And should they pair off - does that mean need to remove others? Thanks 😊
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5443 times
Been liked: 2668 times

Might be worth a try. If they do pair and the three dont get on then yes you would probably find you would have to rehome/return the other(s).
They should be ok with corys, as long as the corys dont bumble into the rams territory/eggs if they breed.
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1418 times
Been liked: 3409 times

Three Bolivians is a good number, more is better but as you say space isn't huge but 3 foot aquarium should be fine as long as there are hiding places.
Cory will be fine with Bolivian rams but Bolivian rams like the aquarium water warm 25/26C is fine.
Therefore I would suggest Sterbai cory as they can take the warmer water, Flag-tailed Panda Cory (Corydoras oiapoquensis), Miguelito Cory (Corydoras virginiae), Cory C056 (Corydoras albolineatus) can also take the warmer water. I have sterbai cory but have had miguelito cory in the past whilst Paul (Mol_PMB) has some corydoras oiapoquensis. They are all lovely cory species.

All the best

Stay safe & healthy everyone
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 12 x Cory sterbai 51 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)