ROCKS

Just started on your fishy adventures, ask for help in here.
Toms_Aqaurium
Has liked: 13 times

Hello all. I was once told there was no such thing as a silly question but this one does seem daft - but I'm a complete novice and don't want to waste my money or doing something that could lead to issues down the line.

Just looking to see where people go for their central rock feature. As I'm trying to find a sizeable rock for my new tank. talking 30-40cm in height. Looking for one that will be close to the height of the tank and take up a 1/3 of the floor space. (Roma 125)

No fish shops have big ones. Someone has recommended garden centres. Obviously stay away from Limestone. But is there anything else I need to be careful off going down this root - or any preparation before I place it in my tank?

Any other suggestions. Building and sticking rocks together?

Thanks.
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1415 times
Been liked: 3407 times

I go to a garden centre that has landscaping materials (including rocks).
The rocks are very cheap when compared to the LFS (local fish store).
Granite or slate are quite good as they are inert.
I did make a rock feature from lava rock by sticking them together with HA6 sealant. Lava rock is very light-weight.
If using heavy rocks then maybe consider placing some egg crate underneath to spread the weight.

All the best
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 13 x Cory sterbai 52 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)