More plants?

Just started on your fishy adventures, ask for help in here.
Vlowman
Has liked: 46 times
Been liked: 5 times

Hi all,

This is my low tech planted aquarium (gH15, pH 8.2) of around 2 months. I dose Tropica Premium and potassium three times a week and have packed the substrate with root tabs.

The layout is essentially:

Back row: Bacopa, amazon sword, water sprite, amazon sword, bacopa (growing better on this side for some reason!)

Middle: Enchinodirus aquatica, jave fern, anubius (then the mirror of this)

Front: Cyptocoryn costata x 6 (taking a while to get going)

Should I add anything to this? I was thinking something else fast growing might be a good idea to guzzle the nitrates and phosphates that my tap water is loaded with. Or a carpeting plant that can handle gravel but won't completely take over....

When I set it up I wanted some vallisneria but it was out of stock at the time. When I think about adding it now, I can't see where it would go without it potentially being a bit too cramped.

Thanks!
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4220 times
Been liked: 3888 times

Take cuttings from the stem plants you have and replant them. :]
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
LookoutTrout
TOTM Winner
TOTM Winner
Has liked: 216 times
Been liked: 337 times

I found bacopa needs a lot of light to grow well, before I got big lights it would only grow on the side that got direct sunlight. Even with loads of light I wouldn't describe it as a fast grower, that might be something to do with my setup though.
Hygrophila Rosavernig grows really well and may stunt other plants growth if you don't have more ferts than it can consume.
Rotala Rotundafolia grows well also if the Hygro lets it.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

I like it as it is, it will spread out somewhat, so you need to leave space for that. Otherwise do what @Martinspuddle has suggested. ;)