BigBen's Operation Corydoras

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
fr499y
Admin - TOTM Winner
Admin - TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1787 times
Been liked: 4206 times

Lovely colours on that already!
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1418 times
Been liked: 3410 times

Very nice Ben ::thumbu::
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 12 x Cory sterbai 51 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)

Powered by EHEIM
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 696 times
Been liked: 1686 times

He's fantastic! I was hoping to get a "wild" coloured apisto as I prefer the natural appearance (says the bloke with Discus) but I couldn't ignore these. I usually don't buy such small fish neither. Hopefully they will form a pair. I seen a breeding pair of Bitaeniata advertised in a shop the other day, but when I asked to catch them he started going to another tank to catch the female. She had turned on the male and had to be separated. I assumed she was hiding under a coconut shell. Passed on those! Funny what shops try to get away with as a breeding pair, a breeding pair that can't live together....
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

The Male is having a bit of a go at the female at dinner time this evening. Nothing too serious so hopefully it will settle down. There is plenty of hiding places for both so I'm not concerned at the moment.

On another note, for about a week I have believed that one of the LDA010's had passed, but today I managed to spot 2 and a tail 😁

BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

https://youtu.be/G9-dn3Nd0Uk
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

I'm going to need to find a bit of space for my C.Similis soon as they are looking in really good condition. I believe they are a more difficult species to spawn, but I'm hopeful at the moment watching them at the back of the tank. I need to get some more confident Cory's for this tank as they are all very shy. I enjoy photographing my fish but I've no chance with anything in that tank.

On another note, I had some assistance with my water changes today....
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5446 times
Been liked: 2668 times

My cats occasionally help me with water changes, granted thats more a look of “why of i have to move off this towel?” than actual help but its nice to have the company :D
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

Gingerlove05 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 18:27 pm My cats occasionally help me with water changes, granted thats more a look of “why of i have to move off this towel?” than actual help but its nice to have the company :D
I'd imagine the cats are waiting for an easy meal 😂.

She doesn't usually take any interest in this tank, but she will sit and watch the discus for 5 minutes most evenings.
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5446 times
Been liked: 2668 times

BigBen wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 18:34 pm
Gingerlove05 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 18:27 pm My cats occasionally help me with water changes, granted thats more a look of “why of i have to move off this towel?” than actual help but its nice to have the company :D
I'd imagine the cats are waiting for an easy meal 😂.

She doesn't usually take any interest in this tank, but she will sit and watch the discus for 5 minutes most evenings.
They’re normally not bothered, they’re cats they like being awkward ROFL
Occasionally one of the fish might catch their attention for about 30 seconds ROFL
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner

I can't find the male Apisto, just had a big move around to see if I could find him but no joy. Presumed dead 😭 Hopefully MA will still have them in stock so I can get another at the weekend.