Stephen's 550L tank log:

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 696 times
Been liked: 1686 times

Mildred looks as though she/he has odontodes running down her body?
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1418 times
Been liked: 3410 times

BigBen wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 17:58 pm Mildred looks as though she/he has odontodes running down her body?
Both males and females have them, I believe the male odontodes are a little more prominent.
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 12 x Cory sterbai 51 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)

Powered by EHEIM
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 696 times
Been liked: 1686 times

Stephen wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 16:00 pm A pic of the female (?) Flash pleco on the aquarium glass taken today.
George is on the wood behind and below.
I think the mobile camera focused more on the wood behind.
(click to enlarge)

and on the bogwood, also taken today.
(click to enlarge)

more info about the Flash pleco, L204 (Panaqolus albivermis) available from Planet Catfish (Link)
Is this Mildred in the second picture? I'd say male if it is. No doubt about George though!
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner

BigBen wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 19:45 pm Is this Mildred in the second picture? I'd say male if it is. No doubt about George though!
That is Mildred in the second image, I'm also leaning more towards male. ;]
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 12 x Cory sterbai 51 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)

Powered by EHEIM
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner

I have also asked the question on PlanetCatfish
Martinspuddle wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 12:43 pm Should be a obvious shape difference from above between the sexes.
That's what one reply on PlanetCatfish said.
I need to take a photo from above, which means catching Mildred, I may attempt to catch Mildred tomorrow.
These plecos seem quite relaxed on the wood or glass but they can certainly move when they want to as in the video I made (and posted) of George back in July last year.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=13U17oC9fns

Powered by EHEIM
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4245 times
Been liked: 3909 times

If Mildred is a male (which like you I've been thinking) are you going to try and purchase a female?
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Gingerlove05
Forum Guru
Forum Guru
Has liked: 5446 times
Been liked: 2668 times

Stephen wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 16:45 pm These plecos seem quite relaxed on the wood or glass but they can certainly move when they want to as in the video I made (and posted) of George back in July last year.
Yep they can :D
Sarah can definitely shift when she wants to, I have known her to hit the lid with some force when she’s been startled. Also after handling her to get her moved out of bucket a while back, you realise how powerful they are even for a fish bit shorter than 4” :D
To the tune of “the saints go marching in”:
Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful, they’re white Welsh and fluffy! Oh fluffy sheep are wonderful!
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner

@plankton
plankton wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 13:23 pm I still get sciatica from time to time, but I know I still have two dodgy vertebrae.
The only way I can relieve it (together with painkillers) is to try and stretch my whole back, which is really difficult sometimes.
I'm normally out of action for about 3 days when it strikes.
Hope yours clears up quickly.
I have sciatica every day Ian, it starts mild around the home (I can cope with that) but as soon as I have walked over 10-20 meters it starts to get worse, the further I walk the worse it gets until I am in so much pain that I can not walk any further. It gets so bad that it feels like someone is pushing needles in to the side of my hips and the muscles in my legs are so tight they feel like rocks and are very painful.
It only gets that bad when I go to a large shopping centre such as the Merry Hill centre near Brierley Hill or the Trafford centre Manchester with the wife. I often sit outside the shops (for relief) whilst she has a browse inside. I have to sit often and lean forward to open up the vertebrae for relief.

I actually slept fairly well last night. I spoke to my brother-in-law who is a GP in Gloucester and he suggested anti-inflammatory medication may help, I have some ibuprofen in the cupboard so took some.
Painkillers have little or no effect, I've tried tramadol, meloxicam and others including morphine which do nothing except make me feel a little dopey so I gave up on them. Why take something that does nothing for the pain but make you feel dopey, the pain is still the same?
I think I reported that my back went 3 weeks ago and that I was unable to do any water changes or anything. That was like having one or two slipped discs on top of the normal difficulties. It lasted a good 7 days and took almost another 7 days to sort itself out, the second week was quite sore but getting better as each day past.

I completely understand and empathize with you Ian. ::thumbu::