Stephen's 550L tank log (summary & continuation)

A place to keep us informed of the goings on in your tanks. - Tank Logs.
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1415 times
Been liked: 3407 times

Today (Wednesday) I have spent the morning catching the many Ember tetra and the 15 x Corydoras agassizii.
Why is there always one that is a pain to catch ? I'm talikng about the last Ember tetra that kept evading me.
Today the aquarium looks empty except for the 9 x Cupid cichlids and not a single tetra to be seen, checked and double-checked.
I have also done a big water change, syphoned the sand and re-arranged the bogwood ready for new fish, so nice clean water and aquarium.

I will update tomorrow when I collect some fish. ;]
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 13 x Cory sterbai 52 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)

Powered by EHEIM
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner

September further update:

I returned home about 20 minutes ago (5.35pm).
Wow! did it rain or did it rain ?

The new fish are in the temporary holding tank.
What did I get ?

Well .......... my shopping list was:-
15 x Amanda Jane's Cory (Corydoras amandajanea)
15 x Broad Stripe Cory (Corydoras duplicareus)
60 x Cardinal Tetra (Paracheirodon axelrodi)
30 x Rummynose Tetra (Hemigrammus bleheri)
1 x Snowball Pleco, L102 (Hypancistrus inspector)

Today I collected:-
4 x Broad Stripe Cory (Corydoras duplicareus) the LFS only had 4 so more to come.
40 x Cardinal Tetra (Paracheirodon axelrodi) (wild caught) but likely more in the bags, I'll check tomorrow.
2 x Snowball Pleco, L102 (Hypancistrus inspector)(only 40mm at present), the LFS had these in stock so took advantage and got 2.

How about the others, I hear you ask ?
15 x Amanda Jane's Cory (Corydoras amandajanea) probably collect these next Wednesday.
30 x Rummynose Tetra (Hemigrammus bleheri) ? The LFS only had about 15 of these so I didn't get any, but .........
The store manager has 50 x False-rummynose Tetra (Petitella georgiae) coming on 21 September and I've reserved all of them. ;]
(I adjusted my stock of Cardinal tetra accordingly to allow for the False-rummynose tetra)

So far so good :]

My eventual stocking will be:-
9 x Cupid Cichlid (Biotodoma Cupido)(reduced to 2 or 3 pairs when they eventually pair up).
15 x Amanda Jane's Cory (Corydoras amandajanea)
15 x Broad Stripe Cory (Corydoras duplicareus)
40 x Cardinal Tetra (Paracheirodon axelrodi)(wild caught)
50 x False Rummy-nose Tetra (Petitella georgiae)
2 x Snowball Pleco, L102 (Hypancistrus inspector)

This represents approx 105% stocking and 120% filtration when all the fish are fully grown (as juveniles approx 90% stocking and 140% filtration).
The Cupid cichlids (only 62mm-75mm at present) will take a while longer (maybe another 12 months or so) to get to fully grown size (90mm-120mm or 3.6-4.8 inches, generally a fraction over 4 inches).
The Snowball Plecos L102 (only 40mm at present) will take a while to get to fully grown size (160mm or 6.4 inches).
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 13 x Cory sterbai 52 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)

Powered by EHEIM
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner

Stephen wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 17:56 pm Today I collected:-
40 x Cardinal Tetra (Paracheirodon axelrodi) (wild caught) but likely more in the bags, I'll check tomorrow.
I actually received 54 x Cardinal Tetra (Paracheirodon axelrodi) :D
I would say 200/300 would look better in a 550L aquarium as they are quite tightly grouped but I do have the Petitella georgiae coming in a few weeks.

The 4 x C. duplicareus are already hanging around together (I knew they would) but I need more.
The 2 x Snowball Pleco, L102 are following each other (or chasing each other), one even spent some time on the glass.

The 9 x Cupid cichlids are going daft (especially the definite male), chasing each other and chasing the cory.
Although I think the cichlids are just curious about the cory and other fish.
If I see another definite male Cupid cichlid on my travels then I'll grab it.