Cory quiz!

Request information on fish, plants or other aquarium issues.
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 695 times
Been liked: 1679 times

Both the top two are C.Napoensis, with the greyer one being a female. These are spectacular in a big group. In my top 5 Cory's I've kept.

Corydoras Nanus are from Suriname, where there are hardly any (if any at all) tropical fish exports. Guyana, French Guyana and Suriname are very good at preserving there part of the rainforest.

The other is a trilineatus as suggested.
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper
black ghost
Posting Legend
Has liked: 308 times
Been liked: 1387 times

All three species are very variable.

C. napoensis males have the dark dorsal blotch, females don’t. But not all males have it.
C. nanus males have dark bands in the dorsal fin, and also a shallower body and longer snout than elegans.
C. elegans is at present a complex (including at least 11 C numbers and CW numbers) that will at some point be split into different species.

On this basis, looking mainly at Scotcat and Corydoras World, I would guess the back one is a male C. napoensis. For the front one I’m gonna guess C. elegans, which are a lot more common than C. nanus.
BigBen
Previous TOTM Winner
Previous TOTM Winner
Has liked: 695 times
Been liked: 1679 times

The front one will colour up a bit over the next month or so, it will become a little easier. Definitely agree that is a complex group!
Instagram - @the.cornish.fishkeeper