Bristlenose has weird white mark on belly

Qwertywaterfish
Has liked: 1 time

Hello I'm still very new to fish keeping and just noticed this on my bristle nose "Morgan's" belly, it wasn't there when I first got him.
Any suggestions on what it could be and if his belly in general looks okay and if there is an issue what sort of treatments should I use?

I've had him for less then a month. He originally was kept by the previous owner in a fish tank with gold fish without a heater for the past year. I assume he's about a year and a half old or maybe a bit older as they said he was smaller when they got him.

Hes recently finished treatment for white spot, he himself only showed one spot. He's currently kept alone. He has until today generally stays in his hides etc and would usually only come out at night but today he's hanging out on the glass by the filter somewhat near the top. Not sure if this is a sign something is wrong or if he's feeling more settled in now. I've had to a couple times bag him to check him to check his health as he like I said before usually hides during the day or any light.

Im wondering if maybe he has a worm load or possibly scraped himself? Also his poos have been usually clear and long but I do see when he eats his algae wafers as they show in his poo.
Hes also since coming to me been introduced to have his own wood in the tank as previous owners didn't use wood and he ate what the gold fish ate which was a combination of goldfish pellets and goldfish flakes (he also was slowly brought upto a higher temperature and now kept at 25c)

I'll try take a few more pictures whilst he's still sucking on the glass where I can see him incase this one isn't good enough.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5030 times
Been liked: 3395 times

What are you feeding him?
I must admit that all my BNs have green stomachs from the algae. ;)
I give them wafers which are different colours as well which affects the colouration, courgette seems to lighten whatever the colour is.
The pic shows he hasn't got a sunken belly which would indicate problems as a rule.
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4220 times
Been liked: 3888 times

Looks like a scratch to me, you got any rocks in your aquarium?

He needs feeding up to. :]
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Qwertywaterfish

Tank is too new for algae but he does when he chooses intermittently eat the algae wafers I offer him. Been trying to get him on some veg this week as wanted to introduce things gently as he was kept on the goldfish food but so far he hasn't liked broccoli or romaine lettuce (somehow the shop didn't have any zucchini or courgette I stock) but will try him with some other veg when I go food shopping.

No rocks in tank currently but I'll double check all of his hides for any rough edges but they seemed smooth when I was cleaning them to go in his tank.

After his water change last night I decided to treat him with esha gdex as he's still not eating according to his poos what I assume would be a good amount as it seems he only really wants to eat the algae wafers every other day and he does not eat much of it by the looks of his poo either.

More then happy to try different food suggestions,
Hes currently on fish science Oak and algae wafers. Boyfriend bought some tetra algae multi crisps which I'm sure he wouldn't mind me testing with my plec if you think he may like it.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod

Soak his food in fresh, crushed garlic, that will stimulate the appetite.
Martinspuddle
Has liked: 4220 times
Been liked: 3888 times

Have you tried any veg?

click to enlarge

Above is a slice of raw aubergine.
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
Qwertywaterfish

Thank you both I'll try the soaking with garlic and some zucchini tonight. The white mark has either faded so much I can't see it or the wormer worked :)
Qwertywaterfish

Glad I gave him wormer, today he somehow expelled hundreds of tiny white things about 2mm long. Thankfully all dead and a nightmare to siphon before doing water change.
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod

Glad to hear he's ok. :)