Considering Starting

Just started on your fishy adventures, ask for help in here.
tommyh2601

Hello ::wave::

I’ve been looking to get into having fish as a pet for a while and I’m interested in creating a well balanced aquarium.

So far I am looking at an 80LTR tank kit to get me started. The species I’m looking at are Tetras, Corys, Zebra Danios and Rasbora. I’m looking to have live plants such as Java ferns and Java moss, Pearl weed and Dwarf Hairgrass.

Does anyone have any recommendations, suggestions or observations to help me out??
Martinspuddle
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Forum Jester & TOTM Winner
Has liked: 4242 times
Been liked: 3908 times

Greetings :] & welcome to AF-UK

Have you looked at our guides, link here: Aquarium Cycling

@Stephen guide for getting started here: Setting up your new aquarium

Pearl weed does need good lighting and is very nutrient hungry. Can be a pain to grow or grow like a unwanted weed. :]
WARNING - DO NOT BREED, FEED OR PET THE PUDDLE! :dodgy2:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
:swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2: :woo: :swim2: :swim2: :swim2:
plankton
Super Mod
Super Mod
Has liked: 5048 times
Been liked: 3422 times

Welcome to the forum. :)
Do you know how hard your tapwater is? That will be the main guide to the fish that you'll be able to keep more easily. You should be able to find out from the water supplier's website by popping your postcode in. ;)
Stephen
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Guru Multi TOTM Winner
Has liked: 1418 times
Been liked: 3409 times

Hello and welcome to the forum. :)
plankton wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:58 am Do you know how hard your tapwater is? That will be the main guide to the fish that you'll be able to keep more easily. You should be able to find out from the water supplier's website by popping your postcode in. ;)
I agree.
Your water hardness whether soft, hard or somewhere in between will determine which fish you can safely keep.

Why hard water fish species NEED hard water (and visa versa for soft water fish species)

All the best
425L SeaBray Elite aquarium - Rio Mamoré (Bolivia) theme
4 x Cupid Cichlids, 14 x Cory caudimaculatus, 12 x Cory sterbai 51 x Reed Tetra, 4 x Honeycomb Bristlenose (L519)